What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Miserable, lousy, crappy weather in this Godforsaken State I live in (Minnesota). For every decent day in a month there are 30 crappy ones to balance things out. At least there aren't Hurricanes.
Quit your bellyaching! Most of the snow should be gone by June, and some of the lakes might be ice free by opening day.

During my career with Eastman Kodak, I attended 14 new equipment classes in Rochester, N.Y., all but one in winter. We were always told summer is nice if it falls on a weekend. The only trip in the summer, August, I decided to take a picture from the motel for proof. When we got up the next morning, it had snowed. I have pictures from the same spot less than 24 hours later with snow covering everything.

Just got a bill from Shasta County for $1,413.00 to repay "general assistance".

So I called them to find out why I am being billed for "general assistance" and she says "oh, you received general assistance back in May of 2000".

Um...I what? WTF is general assistance and why am I being billed for it over 22 years later?
An update on this bullsh*t - I filed a hearing to contest this 23 year old bill and on my way to their office, I get a f**king speeding ticket!

The motorcycle cop tells me I'm going 51mph in a 35 zone, yet I'm going with the flow of traffic (which was about 40).

WTF?

As an aside, I told the county people at the hearing that the statute of limitations is 20 years for that sort of issue, *if* I had received general assistance (which I had not) and better luck next time.

Now, I have to deal with this BS ticket nonsense...

I'd have a blown a gasket.
I wasn't in a good mood, that's for sure.

The interesting thing is, he cited me for doing 51mph, but not by radar, but by "pacing".

Now his idea of "pacing" was observing me drive past while he was parked.
He then took off after me and red-lighted me about a half mile down the road as I was stopping at a left turn lane.

So yeah, I'm sure his speedo was showing a peak of 51, as he hurried to catch up to me...

Obviously a conspiracy, as they knew you were coming to the hearing, had the cop waiting, and tagged you. Since they knew they weren't going to get any money from the hearing, they figured the fine was the best they could do. See, I can write this stuff as good as anyone!

I wasn't in a good mood, that's for sure.

The interesting thing is, he cited me for doing 51mph, but not by radar, but by "pacing".

Now his idea of "pacing" was observing me drive past while he was parked.
He then took off after me and red-lighted me about a half mile down the road as I was stopping at a left turn lane.

So yeah, I'm sure his speedo was showing a peak of 51, as he hurried to catch up to me...
Sounds like you have very good reason to challenge the ticket. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back