What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We're back. I thought she had a urinary track infection since she had similar symptoms a few years back. When she says "I want to go to the hospital", I don't argue.
It seems it was the sciatica flaring. Stress sets it off. We're supposed to go to Thailand the 21st of this month. I think it might be the divorce but she wants to go. Easier for her to get her "preferred" prescriptions. I gave her a shopping list for me.
I earned it.

So you are getting divorced but still going on vacation together? This is the most amicable divorce I have heard of.

I naturally check for that stuff before leaving. After she was cleared to go, I decided to release ourselves to our own recognizance. They have all the info from the check-in and prior visit. So, having a perfectly good wheelchair, I wheeled her out of there. She had been waiting hours for cursory care so I'll let them wait on paperwork.

I understand that the medical system has issues. However trivial it may be, I stuck it to the Man.

I naturally check for that stuff before leaving. After she was cleared to go, I decided to release ourselves to our own recognizance. They have all the info from the check-in and prior visit. So, having a perfectly good wheelchair, I wheeled her out of there. She had been waiting hours for cursory care so I'll let them wait on paperwork.

I understand that the medical system has issues. However trivial it may be, I stuck it to the Man.
Still a bad show. :D

Not so much annoyed as confused. My father turned 86 yesterday. He has been working on the revell B25J off and on this year. He was showing in progress but put it away for several weeks. He complained about the small parts. He did not paint the inside, to difficult. He finally got the wings attached and painted. He could not find any paint at the local HL or Michaels. He would not let me order on paint on line or pick up spray paint because he did not know if he wanted a brown or green finish. I even offered him my new cans for the od green finish and he would not take it.

Yesterday, he told me he had troubles with the paint. The added thinner twice to the paint and it was still to thick. He sent me to the dark room to look at it. He painted it interior green and the paint was covered in brush strokes. I will attach photos.

I told him the paint was old and I can strip it off. I did not mention the other issues since he did not. He did say the instructions only had pictures and he was not sure where everything went.

He wanted to paint the bombs and did not install when he sealed up the body. He gave up on painting and tried to insert the bombs later.

I can correct most of the problems. I don't know how to approach this. My father knows how to make things and is good with his hands. I don't know if he is messing with me or having aging issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20230318_132704.jpg
    IMG_20230318_132704.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230318_132657.jpg
    IMG_20230318_132657.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230318_132642.jpg
    IMG_20230318_132642.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230318_132625.jpg
    IMG_20230318_132625.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230318_132619.jpg
    IMG_20230318_132619.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
The virtual elimination of the model paint industry relative to local availability is a needless tragedy. Testors absorbed Pactra and then a woman CEO came into the company and announced they were doing away with all this toxic masculinity model building stuff and would focus on "crafting." This ran the company into the ground; it is now owned by Rustoleum and shows no interest in producing anything in terms of accurate paints for military subjects. Michaels is no longer a good source for model paints and Walmart and the other big retailers no longer seem to carry it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back