What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And the story continues. The sensitivity continues. Dentist thinks it is because the fillings on my two crooked teeth are rubbing against each other. They are not lose or broken. Options, hope it gets better, if it becomes more painful than I can stand, then either twin root canals is at lease two crown, if all else fails, extraction.

As for the nut injury, wait that doesn't sound good...bitting on the shell caused trama to the tooth, probably on the inside. The tooth is not broken or cracked. X-ray was good. The front teeth are good. So it is like your car stops making the sound when you take it to the garage.

The dentist is a pyt so I will do whatever she thinks. Soft food only for a week and see if everything improves. Hate missing 2 1/2 hours of sitting around at work not doing anything productive.

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_085427.jpg
    IMG_20230302_085427.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Went over and looked at our rental property today and got the grass cut. BUT I found the renters have abandoned a dozen or so old tires in the garage. So tomorrow I'll drive the 80 miles over there again and haul that junk to the dump.
On my birthday my brother and I celebrated by hauling his old HW heater and MW oven to a different dump. So I am logging a lot of dump time, lately. We went in his car today so we could not take care of the tires.
This is not new. I am mystified as to why these people haul their old tires to their residence rather than emulate the civilized world and have the tire store take care of them when they buy new ones.

Went over and looked at our rental property today and got the grass cut. BUT I found the renters have abandoned a dozen or so old tires in the garage. So tomorrow I'll drive the 80 miles over there again and haul that junk to the dump.
On my birthday my brother and I celebrated by hauling his old HW heater and MW oven to a different dump. So I am logging a lot of dump time, lately. We went in his car today so we could not take care of the tires.
This is not new. I am mystified as to why these people haul their old tires to their residence rather than emulate the civilized world and have the tire store take care of them when they buy new ones.
They could have been worse. My friend went over to his rental in town that had been recently vacated. Those jerks had carefully picked up all their dog's poop from the yard... and threw it in the swimming pool.:mad:

worked tuesday evening, cooked for a table of 5.

was off work yesterday (wednesday).
came in to do breakfast shift today to a note one of the group of 5 says i gave him food poisoning.

he had steak so i know he hasnt got food poisoning !
also he had a full breakfast wednesday morning, dinner with drinks on wednesday evening and has just had breakfast again now.

2 things spring to mind.

if he had food poisoning he's doing well to eat so much.
if he thinks i gave him food poisoning why the hell has he risked eating in my restaurant another 3 times ?

came in to do breakfast shift today to a note one of the group of 5 says i gave him food poisoning.

also he had a full breakfast wednesday morning, dinner with drinks on wednesday evening and has just had breakfast again now.

2 things spring to mind.

if he thinks i gave him food poisoning why the hell has he risked eating in my restaurant another 3 times ?
You do get some shit people. :D

2 things spring to mind.

Sounds like an insurance scam attempt.

No, just wanted a free stay !
A scam is a scam is a scam.

One of my favorite memories is one Friday afternoon. It was almost quitting time, and I was already shutting off lights and making sure the doors were locked.
I get a call from ciy desk, "Will call, waiting."
An older gentleman has come to pick up his order. I grab the paperwork, check to make sure the order is complete. Bring it out to him. He starts fussing that it's wrong and looks like crap. I explain that the parts are exactly what he ordered and the dust can be wiped off. He's having none of it. The shop foreman comes out to see what all the commotion is about. The customer continues his tirade about what crap we're trying to pass off on him. Finally, the owner comes down from the main office, wondering why we haven't finished buttoning up the place. The guy continues his belly aching. The owner looks at him, looks at the product, asks, "So, you're not happy?"
"Hell no!" Says the guy.
Boss says, "Well, if your not happy, I'm not happy." Drops the parts on the ground, stomps them flat, picks them up and flings them back into the shop.
Then he looks at the foreman and says, "Do we owe him any money?"
"Nope!"
"Well, let's get the hell out of here. It's quitting time."
Looks at the guy. "Have a nice weekend!"
"B-b-but I would have paid half price!" Stammered the guy.

And the madness begins. Working my first account with the training I received yesterday. Nice little spreadsheet. Just have to plus in the numbers. Let's see, this does not make any Sense. Email to trainer. Learned something new today. Project income means gross income, actual income means net income, projected cost means average cost, and finally actual income also means the adjust income after expenses. Why are we comparing gross income to net income after expenses? We have this nice spreadsheet that shows gross income after the bills vs the net income after the bills. Am I missing something?

Got up extra early today, drove 80 miles, and put as many of the tires to the dump as I could fit in my pickup bed. Even then there were still four left in the garage. Got to the dump without losing any, which was bit disappointing.

And found that the dump was closed.

I am surprised that I did not feel unusually homicidal. Had a gun in the truck, too. My thoughts turned to a factory demolition site I knew was on the way back, but I decided against it. Well it is a lovely day, even if it was right around freezing outside when I did all that useless work.

I took the tires back to the property, unloaded them from the truck, and stacked them so to prevent the miscreant from being able to get in his car.

Next I will contact the property management agency and have them inform him that if the tires are not all gone by 1 May any left will be subjected to a $50 each disposal fee.

2 things spring to mind.

I belong to a local FB restaurant review group and it's amazing at how many people suffer food poisoning at one place or another.

One even went so far as to claim that she got a case of botulism from a local establishment!

I have suffered food poisoning and can 100% guarentee that if these people came down with a true case, they would immediately know it.

Indigestion is a fleeting inconvenience, food poisoning is a lingering nightmare where you pray for a quick death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back