What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got influenza sometime last week. Yesterday started with sympthoms but manage to save the day. Last night was auwful and today fever struck, unable to watch 6 y.o. daughter basket exhibition.

Feel like sh•t, both physical and mentally.
I had fever and shake, two weeks ago, unable to sleep for three days!

I hope you get well soon.

The worst flu I have ever had, was the H1N1 back in 2009.

It literally kicked my ass for over a month with fevers, draining sinuses that I could not stop unless I stuffed kleenexes in my nose along with a constant wet cough.

If there's any upside to H1N1, the antibodies stay in your system, so when I caught Covid in late December '19, it lasted almost a week.

The only time I have felt worse from a condition (car wreck excluded), was getting food poisoning down in Mexico back in the 80's, which had me praying for a quick death...

The worst I had was amoebic dysentery in the 70s.

Ran to toilet, sat down and shat. Then the smell hit and I instantly violently vomited. @#$%^&* disgusting mess. Cleaned up toilet and showered then back to toilet in a run. This time I was ready and put seat up, sat hard back and spread my lets wide. Very little mess. It lasted three days and at the end I felt like I was better off dead.

first confirmed cases in the US were December 2019. It is believed it entered the US in October. Nobody knew to look for it, and there were no tests for it yet

We think my wife had it in in November. She was seriously ill with what were later identified as Covid symptoms. She tested negative for all known viruses at the time.

"Lucky" you.

My son in law used to run marathons. He got long covid in March 20 and still cannot walk any distance or pick up his small 4 year old daughter.

"Lucky" you.

My son in law used to run marathons. He got long covid in March 20 and still cannot walk any distance or pick up his small 4 year old daughter.
Here I sit with a drain tube catheter in my right side chest. We drained out 1 liter of fluid from the pleural cavity around my right lung last evening. Still don't know what's causing it. :rolleyes:

What has me grumpy it the local hospital.

My wife was bleeding profusely from her left foot and as I cleaned it up I found two small bubbles of blood like you get when you do a blood sugar test. I called the ambos who advised splinting the leg and did that as well as putting on a snake bite bandage. Both 000 and ambos took her name and date of birth and address and confirmed spelling and her preferred name. Ambos took her to the local hospital who decided to much like hard work and put her in another ambo and sent her to the nearest major hospital. When she got there all her possessions had labels on them with another womans name and birth date. The other woman is 20 years younger. I do not know what medication the other women is on but if they gave her my wifes meds she would almost certainly be dead. Fortunately my wifes meds were with her, with the wrong label on them.

This is going, with far more detail, to the Medical Ombudsman and my useless local MP.

My wife was bleeding profusely from her left foot and as I cleaned it up I found two small bubbles of blood like you get when you do a blood sugar test. I called the ambos who advised splinting the leg and did that as well as putting on a snake bite bandage. Both 000 and ambos took her name and date of birth and address and confirmed spelling and her preferred name. Ambos took her to the local hospital who decided to much like hard work and put her in another ambo and sent her to the nearest major hospital. When she got there all her possessions had labels on them with another womans name and birth date. The other woman is 20 years younger. I do not know what medication the other women is on but if they gave her my wifes meds she would almost certainly be dead. Fortunately my wifes meds were with her, with the wrong label on them.

This is going, with far more detail, to the Medical Ombudsman and my useless local MP.
Yikes! I hope all goes well, for your wife and the other woman.

:oops:
:oops::oops::oops::oops:

One word "Sh!t". Trust your all sorted an on the right track. :eek:

Got influenza sometime last week. Yesterday started with sympthoms but manage to save the day. Last night was auwful and today fever struck, unable to watch 6 y.o. daughter basket exhibition.

Feel like sh•t, both physical and mentally.
This sh•t is going worst. Fever at 39°C (sorry for those in the AUKUS & CAN & NZ, don't in °F).

At least Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway: Jonathan Parshall, Anthony Tully: 9781574889246: Amazon.com: Books keeps me entertained when I'm able to open my eyes.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back