What Are You Driving ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It seems it is either a Bakkie or a Citi Golf in SA ;)

@ Matt Bakkie = Pickup

Anyways don't really have a car although my brother and I share my mums old Volvo V40. Dad drives a Volvo V70 and my mum now has a Landrover Freelander (and then in the summer has a Triumph Spitfire - which is great fun to drive.)

In the US it is a Pick Up or a truck, but in SA we call it a Bakkie. I would love do drive a Citi Golf 18i with everything racing equipment added to it when it comes out of the factory.

And TO. My youngest boy, Aaron, would cut his arm off for a 'vette. I kid you not. In fact, he is so obsessed with that vehicle, that I have convinced myself that I will never buy one for him. He needs to spend his own hard earned money so that he will keep the throttle in a sane position. Too much car for a young kid.

I agree. At least he's got good taste :) I was the same way. I wanted one ever since the C3 (3rd generation) 'Vettes came out in 1968. Finally got my '79 in 2004. It's fun to drive, and fast, but I don't push her.

TO

Bakkie=Pu. Got it.

And a Spitfire? Crap, that is a babe magnet. What a cute little sportscar that is, mate. But a nightmare to maintain. At least over here it was a piece of $@#!. But beautiful! :)

You keep good care of your truck Charles. It does look nice.

You too, Evan.

Matt: Did you know I twisted a wrench for over 25 years ? Yep, worked both
VW and Mazda. FYI nothing major has been replaced on the truck. Biggest
job so far was valve stem seals. It's my only ride.... I have to take care of
it !!

Charles

Spitfire, do not know it mate, but I would love a Bugatti Veyron, but I can just dream.

Here is a example of what I drive only with two head lights and in green and without the stickers.

VWcaddy.jpg

Matt: Did you know I twisted a wrench for over 25 years ? Yep, worked both
VW and Mazda. FYI nothing major has been replaced on the truck. Biggest
job so far was valve stem seals. It's my only ride.... I have to take care of
it !!

Charles

I do remember you saying that Charles. Pride in your work.

It shows.

I drive my pre-wife crazy.

Ok, I don't have any pics, cause I'm not so proud of what I drive but they are:

1994 Ford Tempo 4 dr with paint chipping courtesy of the East Coast salt air.

1996 Ford Explorer fully loaded. (only drive when need too, usually beat up on the Tempo.)

Wish I still had my '69 Land Rover 88 with 250 Chevy 6 and tranny brake along with the 68 Mustang (Steve McQueen Edition :lol: ) I'll try to scan some pics. Great thread Charles. I was gonna start something similar as soon as I scanned some pics. I've owned mostly 4x4 trucks and early 70s muscle cars and have some great pics.

Guys im sorry no pics 74 vw beetle......turbo on alcohol 2784 cc's runs ok would like to see it run harder but i have to drive to the shop.

p.s. makes 580 hp to the wheels.

awesome wilbur! and many props to you njaco for owning a 68' mustang! I currently drive a 1990 Ford EA Falcon with a 3.9L centrepoint injection straight 6 engine. shes nice to drive.

Yeah, I miss that 'stang. Same as in Bullet right down to the color. Fastback witha 289 if I remember...it was 20 yrs ago. But I got into four wheelin and locked onto a few trucks, pride was that Land Rover. It would go anywhere!

Oh nice!! Yeah wish I had something better than this Explorer. Best truck I had (besides the Rover) was a 1978 Ford F-250 1 ton 4x4 with 351 M, New Process 4 Speed (knucklebuster granny low) with Dana 30? front rears and Dana 70 rear with Detroit lockers. Sumabeatch could go though anything!! I have pics with me in water up to the window and such. I gotta scan them pics!

Looks like you need new tires and an alignment Adler.

That pic was taken about 3 years ago. The Tires were actually fine and the allignment was only a bit out due to this guy hitting my tire. Shortly after taking the pic it was in the shop and the alignment was put back in as well as a slight dent being repaired.

This Jeep is a fricken tank though man. Just last year I had a T-Bone me in his BMW Z-3 Roadster. His car fell apart and mine had this small dent in it and nothing else. Could barely notice the damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back