What Are You Driving ?? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How did you son get a dent on the bloody top of the car?

Well Matt (and henk)the image might explain how he did it, driving in the r/hand lane of 2 lanes on a wet road going down a hill,kicked the steering wheel left, he thought he saw something. The back swung right onto grass verge, corrected back on the road, then swung across both lanes over angled kerbing with rear swinging to the left now, hitting a low forked tree branch (rear damage). Car then swung 180 degrees from this impact and slid sideways into another tree.The second impact bending the chassis slightly, insurance company declaring it a repairable write-off and paying out.
Not a friggin' scratch on my son, and I cut my finger on the shattered tinted glass window when I touched it to see if it was going to fall out.
My son is currently paying me monthly for my out of pocket monies re. the excess and the insurance premiums balance for the full year, only 3 months in.So Njaco it was better NOT to bury him in it.

Attachments

• IMGP8558.JPG
    IMGP8558.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 136
Ouch !
Well we have a 1986 ford station wagon (XF) Dads car/ family
and a 1984 Toyota Corona. Mums car
And a 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser, god i love her such a nice truck, not real eye candy but runs like a bird and is difficult to get bogged.
Im gonna buy it off dad eventually and but a set of dif locks on it and and get the interior redone as it looks **** house now.....
That comes from 20+ years working on a farm.

ill get pics of the cruiser, i dont think anyone needs to see the falcon we all know what they look like, dont we ?

My son is currently paying me monthly for my out of pocket monies re. the excess and the insurance premiums balance for the full year, only 3 months in.So Njaco it was better NOT to bury him in it.

:thumbright:

Just a little Lancia Y :

only 1,2 litre, Diesel, 70 hp, 160 Kmh (100 mph) top speed

but an average effective consumption of 23 Km/l (54 Miles per US gal)... extremely friendly for me, since I must drive 100 km/day to work (62 miles) and with the fuel price at 1,39 euro/litre (about 7,70 $/Gal)

Attachments

• ypsilon09_ew.jpg
    ypsilon09_ew.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 070619_L_YpsilonSportMomoDesign_55_800.jpg
    070619_L_YpsilonSportMomoDesign_55_800.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 130
Well Matt (and henk)the image might explain how he did it, driving in the r/hand lane of 2 lanes on a wet road going down a hill,kicked the steering wheel left, he thought he saw something. The back swung right onto grass verge, corrected back on the road, then swung across both lanes over angled kerbing with rear swinging to the left now, hitting a low forked tree branch (rear damage). Car then swung 180 degrees from this impact and slid sideways into another tree.The second impact bending the chassis slightly, insurance company declaring it a repairable write-off and paying out.
Not a friggin' scratch on my son, and I cut my finger on the shattered tinted glass window when I touched it to see if it was going to fall out.

That certainly explains it Wayne. How old is your son?

I can tell you that I sure as hell didn't say yipes when I got to the crash scene, and there was no car parking area where the car was thats for sure....but I kept my cool, made sure he was alright, THEN I wanted to strangle him... 6 year old car with only 70000km on the clock:cry:

Statistically, it is my understanding that we all can expect our kids to wreck their car before age 20. Odds are in favor of it being rather expensive too.

Statistically, it is my understanding that we all can expect our kids to wreck their car before age 20. Odds are in favor of it being rather expensive too.

Well Matt, my mom almost killed me after my little stunt and I then treated the car as if it my own. I pay the insurance for my mom and put some gas into the car and repair small things, because she has done a lot for me and she does not have money to buy a new car and neither do I, so I must look after it and most kids today do not know how it works. Mom and dad give them everything.

I guess I'm very lucky. My kids never had an accident while under my
roof. Son (Jr) has been driving tractor-trailers for over 25 years and
the only accident he's ever had was in the great state of Pa. He hit
a bridge overpass with the top of the trailer. On the way north he passed
under it. Before he made the return trip the highway was resurfaced and
three inches were added. Sombody forgot to change the clearance sign !
The state's insurance company paid..... dearly ! I know, it was my truck.

Charles

My 2006 F-250 and 1979 F-150.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 0978_001.jpg
    0978_001.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 143
I have a Mazda 3. I am on my third Mazda. I lost two in the rain. While stopped at a red light light, I was hit from behind.

My worse wreck was in Germany. I was evaluating an E7 Platoon SGT and was riding in his M1. It had been raining for several days and the ground was soaked. He moved down the side of a hill and made a sharp right turn onto a secondary road that ran beside a stream. The weight of the tank caused the mud under the road to slide into the stream. The tank went with it and flipped onto it's left side. I had to explain to the CO why I allowed a 6 month old tank to be damaged. Luckily it did not ended up in the water. I had to buy a case a beer to get another Platoon the come and haul our B@##s back onto the road. I was glad that the M88 was not called out. I wish that someone had a camera.

DBII

Thanks Matt, i wanted a yellow F-250 to match the F-150 but my wife said no. I was lucky enough to own the 79 before we met, she still tells me its the ugliest truck she has ever seen.

do not waste your money in cars...get several girlfriends instead and travel around the earth.

hmmm...the girlfriend part would go for those that are single; otherwise i´d get fined for advocating cheating.

better yet get a beater (old car ) cheap on insurance etc and the women , I now hate travelling but thats ok as I've been every where almost i've wanted to go and did when i was young enough to party at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back