What book are you reading?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Desert Fox

Senior Airman
Jan 15, 2006
Great Southern Land
We've got threads dedicated to music and films, but none on books! Just post what you are currently reading, or if you aren't reading anything, what you read last.

As for me, I'm reading "The Sicilian" by Mario Puzo, the sequel to "The Godfather". I strongly recommend it

"Zhukov, marchal of the soviet union", by otto preston chaney jr.

"Stalingrade, the beginning of the end", by geoffrey jukes.

Aiming High by Jon Johansson

Story of a man who failed most of school, was told he would never get anywhere in life.
Bought a Vans RV-4 kit aircraft, built it, then flew around the world in it- twice!
School drop-out turned aviation legend. Great book!
Strongly recommend it!

Made In America - Bill Bryson

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - Bill Bryson

Gestapo Hunters

Desert Scorpions

Desert Warriors

The Flying Grocer (operation Mana )

Aircrew

Flying from the sun

Cats at War (RAAF Catalinas)

Australias Dambusters

And Another thing ( Top Gears Jeremy Clarkson's book)

Yes I am a writing student :lol:

Currently reading "An Army At Dawn" by Rick Atkinson. In-depth look at the war in N. Africa starting from the point where American forces take Oman.

I've read it and it's an excellent book!

I'm about 2/3rds through "Dunkirk: Fight to the Last Man" by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore. It is a disapointment in the sense that it reveals nothing new. It seems to be a compilation of facts already discussed in various works of the past 30-40 years, with perhaps some tidbits of new information. I guess it's ok if you're learning about it for the first time. However, it's a good read and written well, has a good "flow' to it, so to speak.

I'm "reading" an audio book.

"An Army At Dawn"

I have it in my truck and listen to it when talk radio is in commercial break or is chatting about something I'm not interested in.

I just finished the 7th book of The Saga of the Seven Suns.
Now reading Citizen of the Galaxy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back