What book are you reading?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"OHKA" by Hatsuho Naito.
I'm looking for precise drawings of Ohka.

Attachments

• Book_OHKA.JPG
    Book_OHKA.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 71
I'm finishing up on two by James Goodson...both are great reading and compliment each other. Goodson was a fighter ace with 32 kills, trained in the US, then joined the 133 Eagle Squadron of the RAF and eventually transferred to the USAAF.

First is "Tumult in the Clouds", the other is "The Last of the Knights".

They cover his service in the European Theater during WWII...excellent stuff, great photos.

* And for folks who are into ancient history*
I strongly recommend the book "Pompeii" by Robert Harris. It's a fictional account based on facts and heavy research and really gives you a sense of being there.

* And for folks who are into ancient history*
I strongly recommend the book "Pompeii" by Robert Harris. It's a fictional account based on facts and heavy research and really gives you a sense of being there.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that..read it a few years ago and my thoughts exactly.

Right now I'm reading Southern Storm:Sherman's march to the sea by Noah Andre Trudeau, I think this is the best treatement I've read so far on the march and fighting, lots of diary entries. Pretty much the start of total war as we know it.

Their Darkest Hour Laurence Rees
Accounts from those who perpetrated and suffered crimes of WW2 such as Prisoners tied together and forced to walk through mine fields,
The concentration camp operators many who still come over as total Nazis to the core and try to vindicate their actions.
Japanese bayonet practice on trussed up POW's etc etc
a very disturbing insight into the inhumanity of people

"Harvard the North American Trainers in Canada" the book was owned by a gent who flew Harvards and every picture of one who flew is annotated by how many hours and with who when and where he flew it .

Just finished "Iron Coffins" - A first hand account by a U-Boat commander. fantastic book but a bit repetitive.

Just finished Steve Zaloga's Lorraine 1944, doing some cross checking from old Jean Paul Pallud's articles on the subject in After The battle Number 83.
Those encounter engagements in Sept showed that Shermans did remarkable well against Panthers in real world contrary what one might except from pure paper figures.

Juha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back