What book are you reading ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh forgot one..

Matthew Reiley - 7 Ancient Wonders

( Need to get back into reading and writing considering I should be starting a course on it in a few months )

I'm a big fan of his heinz, you will like that book, I did!. Hes actually got a sequel to sevin ancient wonders out called six sacred stone me thinks. Oh and I just finished motley crue's autiobiography 'the dirt'. I finished it in 4 days I couldn't put it down it was so interesting.

Dresden - 13 February 1945 by Frederick Taylor.

Great book. I think he makes a very good objective story about the bombing of Dresden. It's not for the faint hearted, as it the story is of course harsh. But the writer shows the reader all sides of the subject, allied and german alike and let the reader judge for himself.

rocketman.gif

Not the best astronaut biography I've read, but better than most.

Interview with a Vampire By Anne Rice...
I have never read it and am taking a short break from non-fiction and I must say that it's much better than I thought it would be.

The Peloponnesian War by Donald Kagan.

It's amazing - mankind hasn't changed a bit from those days.

Ernest Gann- "Fate is the Hunter"

I read it a couple of years ago. Great book! It really gives you some idea of what the early airline pilots went through. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I'm reading "The Command Of The Air" by Douhet (The 1942 English translation version)

"De mei vliegers" (The May pilots), book about the dutch pilot Jan Linzel who was born not very far from my place of birth. He flew D.XXI's in the LVA (the 215 in my siggy) and shot down a Bf109. Later he got involved in the resistance and after that fled to the UK where he flew Spitfires and Tempest V's.

Dougrd, I am about 1/3 the way through it and am really enjoying it. I think it is well researched and written. He has two other books as well, as soon as I get throught the stack beside my bed I think I will pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back