What book are you reading ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just finished Runes of the Earth by Stephen Donaldson, and Daughter of the Empire by Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurts.

Abour 1/3 through Servant of the Empire by the same authors, and a little way into (about 150 pages) Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan.

I love my Fantasy/Scifi novels and could easily read 1,000 pages each week, but they would be gone all too soon, so I kind of 'ration' them out...

I completed the rereading of Ryan's A Bridge Too Far. Definitely worth of a reread, somewhat pro-Allied but surely not pro-Monty with reasonable amount of German material.

Now I'm reading Keskinen's and Stenman's Suomen Ilmavoimat/Finnish Air Force 1943, Volume V of bi-language history of FAF. Finnish/English text and captions, many good-size very well reproduced photos to those who gives much weight to photos. Very good book, much effort is put to try to obtain also the Soviet PoV of the air combats which I appreciate much. I would have liked more text with less pictures but that a question of tastes.

Juha

The Few by Alex Kershaw
About 8 American pilots during the Battle of Britan

Dear Readers,

I am Hugh William Reilley's son and have read the information published on your Web Site regarding him.

I have published a Memoriam to him as a Blog with the Web Address:-

Hugh Reilley

This gives complete and correct information regarding his service and background history.

I hope this will give you any missing information that you may find of interest.

Yours sincerely,

C.H.A.Reilley

Just finished "We where soldiers once...and young" by Moore Galloway. Great read of a pivital battle in the Vietnam War. Heroic and yet sad at the same time... Recommended, though I imagine a good deal others have read it already.

Just finished "We where soldiers once...and young" by Moore Galloway. Great read of a pivital battle in the Vietnam War. Heroic and yet sad at the same time... Recommended, though I imagine a good deal others have read it already.

Frikkin EXCELLENT book! Movie stuck to the book pretty well, too...the first half of the book, at any rate.

Hope nobody minds I revive this thread. This is what I've read since May. Mind the typos.

"Mighty Fitz"-Michael Schumacher
"Gales of November"-Robert Hemming
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"-Frederick Stonehouse
"Ship Ablaze"- Edward O'Donnel
"Neptunes Inferno"- James D. Hornfischer
"Brotherhood of Heroes"-Bill Sloan
"Ship of Ghosts"- James D. Hornfischer
"Dunkirk: The Patriotic Myth"- Nicholas Harman
"The Death of the USS Thresher"- Norman Palmer
"Silent Steel"- Stephen P. Johnson
"Coronel and the Falklands"-Geoffery Bennett
"Disapperance of Flight 19"-Larry Kusche
"The Night lives on"-Walter Lord
"HMS Thetis: Secrets and Scandals"-David Roberts
"The Sea Shall Embrace Them"-David W. Shaw

Currently reading "Knud and Vera - A Stasi drama" by Mikael Busch, in danish, about the married couple Knud and Vera Wollenberger.
Knud Wollenberger worked for years as a secret informant for Stasi, the east German secret police, and at the same time betrayed his wife Vera all the time by spying and betraying in order to give Stasi a head start in their fight against Vera and her DDR dissident friends.

Just finished reading Jay's excellent book 'Fighter Group', and currently re-reading part of 'The Most Dangerous Enemy'.

Half way through 'Camp Z' - fascinating account of the interrogation 'breakdown' of Rudolf Hess at Mytchett Place, after his flight to Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back