What Cheered You Up Today? (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We don't get much in the way of Maple syrup here so tend to go more for Golden syrup which is pretty good.

One interesting thing to do with either is to mix it with different types of honey just for a different flavour occasionally.

Golden syrup... is that the same as corn syrup?
Golden syrup is made here from sugar cane, water, and citric acid. More of a caramel flavour and not
as strong as maple syrup although probably more sugar involved. Also known as light treacle and can
also be made from sugar beet juice.

You probably have a lot more maple growing than we will ever have here too.

Drive over to my father's yesterday. On the way over ther was a formation of 5 Torra birds, a flight a 2 and 3. Looked like they were practicing formation flying. They made a couple of circles around the area and I lost track of them in the trees.We could hear them circling overhead for about 30 minutes. One of the Tora birds was based out of the Conroe airport with the B17, Stearman and a AT6.

Employment update. I quite my job earlier in the week after only three weeks. I have been recovering insurance payments for hsp for 9 years. Before that, almost 15 years processing and adjusting health insurance. So I know a little something about health insurance. My supervisor had 1 year experience. I have played this game before. She kept talking to me like she knows more.than I do. Normally I just suck it up and take the paycheck.
Funny thing happened. Tuesday, I got a call on a state civil service position that I applied for last November. A small pay cut but a pension after 10 years and free health insurance. All state and federal holidays off. Best part no calling insurance companies and talking to untrained service reps and all that goes with that. First day tomorrow. I will be helping disabled people get adaptive technology so they can go to work. 25 minutes drive to work away from Houston so no heavy traffic commute for 2 hours one way. Beers on me if you can get here.

Employment update. I quite my job earlier in the week after only three weeks. I have been recovering insurance payments for hsp for 9 years. Before that, almost 15 years processing and adjusting health insurance. So I know a little something about health insurance. My supervisor had 1 year experience. I have played this game before. She kept talking to me like she knows more.than I do. Normally I just suck it up and take the paycheck.
Funny thing happened. Tuesday, I got a call on a state civil service position that I applied for last November. A small pay cut but a pension after 10 years and free health insurance. All state and federal holidays off. Best part no calling insurance companies and talking to untrained service reps and all that goes with that. First day tomorrow. I will be helping disabled people get adaptive technology so they can go to work. 25 minutes drive to work away from Houston so no heavy traffic commute for 2 hours one way. Beers on me if you can get here.
ateam-plan.gif

Managed to removed several thousand pounds of snow from the driveway and sidewalk yesterday without falling, twisting my back, or otherwise injuring myself yesterday.
I was pretty sore afterwards, and realized I am way out of shape from sitting on my backside all winter long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back