What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's ok. Just before she went into the OR I quipped that, once upon a time, a "new hip joint" was a cool place to hang out on a Friday night. I was just trying to lighten the mood….😀
I hope she took it well.
When I was in the army, a friend's wife developed a bad infection in her foot. Because she was pregnant, the doctors recommended an abortion so they could treat her infection without risk to the baby. (How's that for logic?) Without treatment she risked losing her leg. She chose to risk her leg to keep the baby.
Did I mention her name was Sue?
Yeah, we sang "Peggy Sue" and made plenty of pirate jokes all through the rest of the pregnancy. In the end she had a healthy baby girl, and the doctors saved her leg to boot. (See what I did there?)
A win - win!

I hope she took it well.
When I was in the army, a friend's wife developed a bad infection in her foot. Because she was pregnant, the doctors recommended an abortion so they could treat her infection without risk to the baby. (How's that for logic?) Without treatment she risked losing her leg. She chose to risk her leg to keep the baby.
Did I mention her name was Sue?
Yeah, we sang "Peggy Sue" and made plenty of pirate jokes all through the rest of the pregnancy. In the end she had a healthy baby girl, and the doctors saved her leg to boot. (See what I did there?)
A win - win!

It made her and the nurses laugh. I got a thump for my troubles...but that's a form of affection, right?

Love the "Peggy Sue" story...ahh the joys of military gallows humour.

It made her and the nurses laugh. I got a thump for my troubles...but that's a form of affection, right?

Love the "Peggy Sue" story...ahh the joys of military gallows humour.
Right before my wife was due I put up a sign in the squadron asking for the top ten things you shouldn't say while your wife is delivering. I read it to her while she was in labor.
The hospital staff had a good laugh too!

Monitoring a fuel tank vent/purge tonight and texting with the wife while waiting for time to go to engine run holdback class. Discovered I've been on the flightline just over 21 years now and on this particular program for the last 14 of those years.

Sunday #2 today. Anyhoo, 2 years 8 months later, I have finally downloaded every RCAF Fighter and Bomber Squadron ORB
Phew found this post after some digging. Did you see this ? 463 & 467 Squadron Notes on Ops · IBCC Digital Archive

Extracts from publications giving details of all operations by 467 and 463 Squadrons from 10 September 1944 to 25 April 1945. Details include number of aircraft, target, bombloads and losses. Interspersed are details of operations carried out by Herbert Adam's crew on 467 Squadron between 10 September 1944 and 16 January 1945 which include many extracts from his diary describing operations and daily activities. Included are photographs of aircraft, crew members, air to ground views, targets, cook's tour and a map diagram. Details of 5 Group Squadrons, Extracts from books and a summary of Bache crew's experiences after operation to Dortmund Ems canal.

Basement including my office/military collection war room is framed. Two windows installed. Electrician scheduled for Monday/Tuesday. Building inspector scheduled for Wednesday. Then the drywalling can begin.

My war room to display my collection is finally coming to a reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back