What Cheered You Up Today? (9 Viewers)

Our oldest is moving back to Minnesota this weekend, so we will have a chance to hang with the grandchild.
Another is on the way this fall.
 
T minus 30 days…

(We have a lil house rented near this location. If you look to the left you can see Neuschwanstein Castle)

IMG_4016.jpeg
 
T minus 30 days…

(We have a lil house rented near this location. If you look to the left you can see Neuschwanstein Castle)

View attachment 774872
Beautiful. It's been 25 years since I've been to Germany. Would love to go back.
 
Are you planning any hill climbing?

Depends on how well my knee is healed up. Ortho said 4-6 weeks.
 
Man. Utd. 4-2 Coventry penalty shootout win in the FA Cup semi-final today. Of course, it should never go to penalties when you're 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go ......... It's never dull being a United fan....... :-)
 
Only took 30 min for the nbn repairer to find a 60 year old outside phone connector box was a "bit" corroded and BAM, nbn is back up and running!!!!!! Wahoooo.
 
I ordered a Black & Decker four slice toaster through Amazon. Poorly made. Can't turn it off once I wind the timer, short of pulling the plug. Steam erupts from it when toasting (white smoke). Trips the circuit breakers. It does toast 4 slices. I put in two slices, wait 'til they are done, put in the remaining 2 slices 'cause it only holds two.
Made in China.
 
I ordered a Black & Decker four slice toaster through Amazon. Poorly made. Can't turn it off once I wind the timer, short of pulling the plug. Steam erupts from it when toasting (white smoke). Trips the circuit breakers. It does toast 4 slices. I put in two slices, wait 'til they are done, put in the remaining 2 slices 'cause it only holds two.
Made in China.
Complaints,,,,, Complaints....

It toasts 4 sides at once doesn't it???

360_F_60857956_oESTIHzKyLF3WNhIWqICICKuM0wYSRb7.jpg

toasts the inside only, lower each door correctly and the bread will slide out and invert itself. Close door/s to toast other side.
Amount of toasting (level of Brown) depends on sense of smell and quick hands.

My Grandparents used such a contraption in the 1950s when I was a kid.
But yes, in the 2020s they are guilty of false advertising.
 
Complaints,,,,, Complaints....

It toasts 4 sides at once doesn't it???

View attachment 775274
toasts the inside only, lower each door correctly and the bread will slide out and invert itself. Close door/s to toast other side.
Amount of toasting (level of Brown) depends on sense of smell and quick hands.

My Grandparents used such a contraption in the 1950s when I was a kid.
But yes, in the 2020s they are guilty of false advertising.
My house still has an outlet in the dining room floor so you could plug that thing in right at the table.
 
Found a catalogue online from the 19-teens with all sorts of modern gadgets that you could run on that technological magic - "electricity".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back