What Cheered You Up Today? (23 Viewers)

The 505 looks great now that they have her inside. Last time I was there, was 1997. They were having some expense issues, and at the time, everything hanging from the rafters was covered in heavy layers of dust.

I have not seen her since 2015, so its been a while too. Its really well done though.
 
Been invited to:

Iranian studies training course;

A contribution to the knowledge of Iranian culture and art.

Which is done by the Malek National Museum and Library for free!
 
I took my 6th grade DL outside since it was beautiful. They took their soccer balls and were all playing pretty well with each other. Then the kinder and 1st grade kids came outside. They ran over to my 6th graders and started playing with them. They were so good with them. I haven't ever seen anything like that in 10 years of teaching. They were telling them stories, playing tag and showing them soccer moves. When we came inside, I told my students how proud I was of them. They were real leaders and examples of how we should all treat each other. I am really going to miss this group. It looks like 3rd grade DL next year.
 
Last two days I was at a conference in Boston. At one talk, a French guy was presenting. For some reason he was making some analogy concerning football. He paused and laughed a bit sheepishly and then added: "that's how the rest of the world calls it.":lol:

Now heading out to visit one of my fellow moderators here in the US :thumbright:
 
I was walking the dog this morning shortly before sunup, and while crossing a little drawbridge (which always terrifies the dog), I noted a strange wave going sideways in the channel. I stopped, wondering what caused that (which terrified the dog even more) and watched to see if there were any more such waves. Then I saw what had caused the wave. There was a dolphin going through the channel, breaking the surface of the water briefly. Kinda neat!

Good thing the dog did not see "Flipper," though. I'd never be able to get her over that bridge again.
 
My wife gets home after being away for 2wks. :cool:
 
I just got word my bus will be ready tomorrow! Fridge is fixed and a whole new roof is completed. Next is new batteries, refurbish the generator and new brakes and then..... I am off across this Country to bother a bunch of youse guys! Who has a big driveway?!!

20220212_144501_small.jpg
 
Ah, pity you're not in Germany in July. We will spend 2 weeks in Saarland in July, so I would already have been half way to your place.

Boo!!!
 
Posted this about the Fat and Furry (Fast and Furious)....

"They should've stopped after the first one....
I'll stick to Bullitt, Vanishing Point, Gone In 60 Seconds (1974), Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Two Lane Blacktop, The California Kid and others...."

....and immediately I got a "😡", that cheered me up as someone got their feelings hurt! 😉😆😂
 
Posted this about the Fat and Furry (Fast and Furious)....

"They should've stopped after the first one....
I'll stick to Bullitt, Vanishing Point, Gone In 60 Seconds (1974), Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Two Lane Blacktop, The California Kid and others...."

....and immediately I got a "😡", that cheered me up as someone got their feelings hurt! 😉😆😂
You're mean! 😡
 
Posted this about the Fat and Furry (Fast and Furious)....

"They should've stopped after the first one....
I'll stick to Bullitt, Vanishing Point, Gone In 60 Seconds (1974), Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Two Lane Blacktop, The California Kid and others...."

....and immediately I got a "😡", that cheered me up as someone got their feelings hurt! 😉😆😂
Le Mans
 
Posted this about the Fat and Furry (Fast and Furious)....

"They should've stopped after the first one....
I'll stick to Bullitt, Vanishing Point, Gone In 60 Seconds (1974), Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Two Lane Blacktop, The California Kid and others...."

....and immediately I got a "😡", that cheered me up as someone got their feelings hurt! 😉😆😂
The Seven-Ups, Ronin, The Road Warrior, etc
 
I got in my car, started down the driveway to the way to the airport, then stopped and stared. There was a B-52 going by at perhaps 2000 ft altitude. I guess it was on its way to Patrick SFB, probably for some Memorial Day event. In fact, it turned out that it had passed right over a local park where a Memorial Day "Thunder Run" of motorcyles was just starting out and it may even have been for that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back