What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nothing as spectacular, or as dangerous.
Just FINI with GB57!

GB57-2_8.jpgGB57-1_9.jpg

Okay, point taken but when that DINOSAUR needs work, you don't need to take half the engine apart to find a freaking spark plug or the oil filter.
Touche!
You can't do ANYTHING on it until you've run a (dealer proprietary) computer diagnostic on it which switches it from operation mode to maintainance mode.
It's a plug-in hybrid with a ridiculously small four banger engine and an awesome drive train. In Economy Mode it can do 60-90 MPG, depending on terrain and driving style. Slide the shifter into the left slot, and it's in Performance Mode and Dr Jekyl becomes Mr Hyde. Mixture, ignition and valve timing, shift points, traction control, and suspension stiffness all change to high performance values, and the big-ass electric motor lends its impressive torque to the occasion. Like an afterburner, it's a kick in the pants and sometimes scary for an old geezer like me, but like an AB it can suck the "fuel" (propulsion battery) down PDQ if you're not judicious with it. Despite its impressive acceleration it's nearly impossible to chirp or squeal the tires, as the traction control is superb. And it stickered at $27K and change in 2020. Hyundai has stopped making it, as it was too much car for the money, and not profitable enough.

filled in doing swimming lessons with my 2 year old Grand daughter today....my Daughter in Law can't yet 3 weeks after the birth of the other cutie and my son wasn't feeling well so rather than cancel I jumped in ....:)
I guess Terry will call that a get yer hat and coat moment and head for the door...:)

The ice bag only came into play when Rt66 took us into the southwest; Oklahoma, if I recall. We drove Needles to Anaheim at night, buying ice at every gas station we came to, most of it next to a heavily traveled rail line. Amazing number of "hot boxes" on freight cars glowing in the dark, and the road paved with squashed armadillos and coyotes.
Drove a restored '63 283 Impala the other day. I'd forgot how primitive those old dynasaurs were, being spoiled by modern cars. My 2020 Hyundai Ioniq in performance mode would blow that old girl off in anything other than a quarter mile drag. On any twisty Vermont road, no contest.
True, except which one is going to draw the attention at either a stoplight or the beach?

As a kid the first car I fell in love with was dad's brand new 1964 SS 409, yes the same of story and song. What a f@cking BRUTE!

Daytona Blue/Light Blue interior. Only had it about two years but as Commander Cody would say, "you could feel the tension MAN WHAT A RIDE..."

GOD I wish I had that car...

True, except which one is going to draw the attention at either a stoplight or the beach?

As a kid the first car I fell in love with was dad's brand new 1964 SS 409, yes the same of story and song. What a f@cking BRUTE!

Daytona Blue/Light Blue interior. Only had it about two years but as Commander Cody would say, "you could feel the tension MAN WHAT A RIDE..."

I don't blame you. Nice car.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBUfNxfc2w4

View: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=606464114848568&id=100064549545419&set=a.542357184592595&eav=AfY9x1_WG0iaRP1X-VDpQiNPDDxMliLem3FLsLDz9uuPnftlplBxunkCcm884EB7x_Q&paipv=0&refid=17&_ft_=encrypted_tracking_data.0AY97hRzCVVfhhPrrko5Hrnr8EzLhAYthDC9h_dMdHfA9lxRM_QgCbe_Emdtbj2lfIrKtzbSBJ_5A320f3NB9G7THJ1W81D5Tg3CshAlTLZem2VxHg3jncHrENrOMF5F-oRoELvOFNGfSghoF5PbF-FRb7VBFKvpQwi4oeqEzhcJa3yZBrVsGnM5P7PV77dob5VHzz7MvfsoOAIHNj1IFo_6ZGcB4O9pZ76cfIZ5_5ZJ3OGllDZqMw3tdGCxLr3MuyGXfK2-k020z7CKVoZrI1fSgVWMJws-szuE311XIDRgDZFcq7K_NCBr5I-8iif46pZ76oVpgYZ61rBJMko6RsSZJeNBstS7VYrWOZuOfBQBQeRcPr-VVzSxdONsyZxq8utnqgpE5VkgXyz1xYiPV-jKBOv1ZQmmDV8IXC4R2pEeALYWMj5ONn-vuxjCEMsnaU89aZK5fehx0h9-sd-JpHKSiTl19lzYCWhVGQY9tzO4NsFfJ6wiF5Fdudp0u1sMMBN9zHQ4oaOe5fshOsyXOxOG0IRVenWndP12WChHIYblaP4agNE-Axz9ZddSxmDO5_d46nxbx781SjZURKhFmRIvhmz_LQRru5Itn0yNG0Fd_wNLG3OSa8QdKzbgf_gRxJnEeFZs17i2JR4GWMugfTptxFEKhXgBXJ2SYE5PqXZgZ0alwZCF_YznGv1zFOYtOO9TTla5OGKfHEKkcxxk3Vm7wvkkmCVxnzI8B9RCkuaBBnUEiPdkec9eJ5wsI7e4vRfClzpT0fPPmJXNGLiF7lc9iW1ISKUCgivK3_di2fLpP55JrnESDkeFBM3r-LiN_F6RSnKD0c_ZZK0vqx_pgV09WV6zYqYzndsgQoOAasfMrq6bN0ClZtE1-nCWsZ9TeU-siKommrLPogUdsyJMdyFeKOO1GjVXQeKLSPK5yu5F-QrAmlms76levsAIyHBcnKpBSVOT94wfWzqVDFqGDaOpbd-z8OUa4GdGzZS9mWLbH13qkKYuQb-BnrDITGXy5ze8jZn1EXceXLXqr3oB-hSfSyVWxUF4qGZUn9triP0dPPwTGnnNFRGM-agDH8eILgE423csLfrZxVy2cfxKrvkm4E3MvhipSQCNjW4fjM-3OtBMidSQhFN50NGAhBgNkFdzRwGsc99igHLwwfqKprd0OOKo15O_ejvqbQ1qSYL1mLOFTuZzRz0AIT0NKfi50vVZzIUfI16_JinzLnf_PwlgwnuQj0KR3Rn3YKnu-Rit8HXrzCuPfmDHivve8xe6dnlCeLs3HUq3-Cue25vNNt2_UPHuVBPSszm3GZ81H3n7cv11VlHmkwsr4Yt8PImgDkKggZA1RUH6RKP2-kzZpJztNntSwcaq2kg3oe6CS3bSVv1REaygIxS18EeFoeyMd38mJd3gVMniLNqMWkFm9xntVdKBAzMqzzYV8M23R3_1pjrddt4_W4Zk-0n5qtx1qiealAmNCh7EFBoLLZQ4v-o1iJXk6S01a8Ec1mkP2O2INnyRKGFSW9bAV8YlsswggqxWS0xbkKHCPlcU7uNrn2qd-CdL_Hl9FBHBI4YtDe4W_r0zeRFLk7V8YA0eGt1ab0t1AJ6mcyPYM-7lqG4N5TmuGqztPTKazJp9OxspReksugh2VK55gdG1sPeBSP3Hej4iFEAa2Zlt4B6BQ627dXDrE8GknukpWJMDX1pKFDy2doCMRDnKfCwL6Mp0OAgfa-Ej6nuoQZouuBOyxJQkxe98N1BXe6jwLM0Lu_DBaQtXGuYrUyvjx2RysIzoqP5z5NMkONheJfX6HdHeEBEe7Ie1DHonlhn_-ErPtmEMiQhfsLawjod07ENJELQ&__tn__=EHH-R

5 million people + in the Houston region. If you have never been here it is freaking huge. So we have been down to one model shop since before covid. The lone store was stated in 1945. I just was not not willing to make the drive on Saturday afternoon, about 2 hours. They closed at 6 during the week and I could never make it in time. The owner passed and the family took it over and moved to a new location. As luck would have it, I had to spend 2 days at meetings in Houston for work. It was less than 8 minutes from the model shop. Lots of consignments. Original monogram kits and several in the white boxes. I have never seen so many Airfix kits. Prices just a little high but not crazy. I really wants a B18 but no luck. The only full time employee had never heard of a B18. I felt it was important to support the business and
bought a bird, the Academy PV2 in British markings. I thought it was PV1 when I picked it up. They have several pv1 but I wanted the British turrent.

A great Family Day at MCRD San Diego.

My son and myself, a joyous reunion:

4NgWGHe.jpg

Family present for the occasion:

Ol9SS3g.jpg

Him and his girlfriend:

XKcAQs6.jpg

It goes without saying that my heart is bursting with pride. It's odd, he's very different, but still the same. They've shifted priorities on his MOS options, leaning 70% to artillery, 20% to combat engineers and 10% to air-traffic controller. No matter what he does, I know he will succeed. His DI made it a point to comment to me on his "outstanding" work ethic, and promised to put a good word in for him when it comes to working his preferred MOS.

A long and incredibly joyful day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back