What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Waiting at the car wash when…….

1683238771042.jpeg

1955 Chevrolet. A little hot prodded. Not as manufactured!
Our family's first "modern" car. As manufactured, (the small) straight six, three on the column, inadequate radiator for the Mohave, drove us VT->CA->VT in 1960 with an ice bag hanging in front of the radiator. Traded in '61 with 160K on the clock, running like a top and never seen a shop. A veritable GTO. (Gas, Tires, & Oil)

Our family's first "modern" car. As manufactured, (the small) straight six, three on the column, inadequate radiator for the Mohave, drove us VT->CA->VT in 1960 with an ice bag hanging in front of the radiator. Traded in '61 with 160K on the clock, running like a top and never seen a shop. A veritable GTO. (Gas, Tires, & Oil)
You forgot the Ice for the radiator so in actuality it would be GTOI;)

The ice bag only came into play when Rt66 took us into the southwest; Oklahoma, if I recall. We drove Needles to Anaheim at night, buying ice at every gas station we came to, most of it next to a heavily traveled rail line. Amazing number of "hot boxes" on freight cars glowing in the dark, and the road paved with squashed armadillos and coyotes.
Drove a restored '63 283 Impala the other day. I'd forgot how primitive those old dynasaurs were, being spoiled by modern cars. My 2020 Hyundai Ioniq in performance mode would blow that old girl off in anything other than a quarter mile drag. On any twisty Vermont road, no contest.

The ice bag only came into play when Rt66 took us into the southwest; Oklahoma, if I recall. We drove Needles to Anaheim at night, buying ice at every gas station we came to, most of it next to a heavily traveled rail line. Amazing number of "hot boxes" on freight cars glowing in the dark, and the road paved with squashed armadillos and coyotes.
Drove a restored '63 283 Impala the other day. I'd forgot how primitive those old dynasaurs were, being spoiled by modern cars. My 2020 Hyundai Ioniq in performance mode would blow that old girl off in anything other than a quarter mile drag. On any twisty Vermont road, no contest.
Okay, point taken but when that DINOSAUR needs work, you don't need to take half the engine apart to find a freaking spark plug or the oil filter.

Got a postcard from my son. He's passed all the requirements and has a clear course to graduation this Friday. :)

Got my 70's era receiver back from the shop yesterday. They tuned it up and fixed a very annoying popping in the left channel that has been annoying me to the point that it has been unusable for the last few years. As a bonus, when reinstalling it I hooked up a bluetooth box so I can play music from my phone.
It's great to have it back above my model work bench. Spent several hours last night annoying the neighbors with it
:lol:

View attachment 716503

I love classic stereo setups. Good stuff!

My #2 son was an assault man. He got to blow stuff up too. But they eliminated his MOS, and he wanted EOD, but they tried to push him into combat engineers, so he got out when his hitch was up. His brother, who is currently a lieutenant, was furious. How could he rob the Corps of an excellent NCO?
He took a slot in a National Guard infantry unit close to home, where he's a turret gunner on a humvee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back