What Cheered You Up Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Over a decade ago I planted a pecan tree in my yard. I have carefully fertilized and watered it, and now it has actually produced pecans for the first time. Unfortunately most of them blew away in Hurricane Milton, but I still have 3 of them.
Hmm, Plant them, eat them or frame them?

Received a 95/100 on my last major assignment. It had me sweating there a bit because last two major assignments were below the grade par. I will finish with a high B which is good enough for me. With all that is going on, I will take it. next eight weeks course starts Monday. Three week break in December and then two more eight weeks courses. I have to take two more courses over the summer.

I was able to help a fellow motorist yesterday, He was driving a 1957 Jaguar Mark 1 on a color tour of Maine when the brake line of the right rear wheel cylinder pulled out, threads stripped on the wheel cylinder. We were actually able to find a cap that would work in my tool bag parts stash. (I knew I didn't clean it out this summer after working on out Mark 2's Brakes for a reason! ) filled it back up with fluid, bled the remaining 3 brakes, and he was back on the road.

Felt good to help another get moving again, and we met a great couple! and got a free Lobster Dinner!
70775c10-b9d4-4682-a3c0-6e0a2b065ff8.jpeg

I didn't take many pictures of it, but here the Jag is joined by 2 even odder cars shortly after the repairs

Last edited:
The yellow Crosley wagon had an aluminum block overhead cam engine. I had one for a long time, intending to use it in a homebuilt plane, after all, they are just a big flying model. A very light engine, it could be picked up and carried around. Most likely couldn't today.
We had a good time talking to the Crosley and Reliant owners, they where funny talking about which one was faster, they didn't know as all they could say was neither car could actually pass the other one in a passing Zone!

I was able to help a fellow motorist yesterday, He was driving a 1957 Jaguar Mark 1 on a color tour of Maine when the brake line of the right rear wheel cylinder pulled out, threads stripped on the wheel cylinder. We were actually able to find a cap that would work in my tool bag parts stash. (I knew I didn't clean it out this summer after working on out Mark 2's Brakes for a reason! ) filled it back up with fluid, bled the remaining 3 brakes, and he was back on the road.

Felt good to help another get moving again, and we met a great couple! and got a free Lobster Dinner!View attachment 801902
I didn't take many pictures of it, but here the Jag is joined by 2 even odder cars shortly after the repairs
My favorite Jaguar body style.

Jakk-where the fuck -uuuu-- did my money go- arrre.

I almost bought one. For once with the blessing of future wife.

Turns out that you can shuffle money in an xj6 like coal in a steam engine if it wasnt feeling up to snuffs. Let alone dailing in the carbs.
Still she wanted one. Needles to say i proposed that evening.

vehicle_ad_standard_image_9369c4d997355813afae4cad56adf0fe.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite Jaguar body style.
Mine too. I had a chance to buy one in the '70s from a Brit who was homesick and wanted to leave Canada. He was selling the Jag and I told him I would think about it while I was in camp. 6 days later I got out of camp with intentions of buying it and was told he had sold it and left the country. Selling price....2000$ :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back