What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DB: Had a coworker that spent 18 months on a Federal Grand Jury, meeting two days a week. A week after finally getting released from that, he was impaneled on a State jury for a murder trial. The presiding judge wound't dismiss him, as the GJ work was Federal and not State. That trial went 11 weeks, daily. While he was on the State jury, he managed to get called on a county pool. His wife took the Federal paperwork and State paperwork over to the presiding judge for the county and he laughed and dismissed the jury summons to him. Talked to him a few years ago and found out that he had been removed from the county pool permanently!

I was called up for jury duty while living in Texas. My dad had just passed, so I didn't want to do it. The pool of people called up filled the whole court room. When interviewed, I said I would convict regardless. They dismissed me and never called me up again. That was a tough time in my life. I have lived here for twenty plus years and have never been selected, ever! Yay!

Been called a number of times and served 3 times. Got out of one pool due to potential conflict of interest....Pool was for a lawsuit against an HOA in the county I was living in, and at the time, our HOA had probably 50 lawsuits in the court system. I asked to be held over for the next pool, so that if I had been selected, neither side could use me as having a potential conflict of interest, should there be an appeal. Never heard from the court again, the rest of the years we lived out there.

I was called 14 times, served once. The jury selection system was, a person could not be called again for two years. The shortest time between calls was two years and two weeks, the next shortest was two years, two months and one week. I saw many novel approaches while waiting in the jury pool room. One woman, who I had seen on two other occasions, answered every and any question with, "I don't believe in capital punishment." Although she was told it was a theft. She was not accepted. The only trial I actually served, the jury consisted of a retired secret service agent and a son of a policeman as well as others who seemed poor choices by the attorneys.

Was called twice for County Jury Duty. Was not chosen the first time and the second time the power failed in the building and I went out to the car and read magazines until it looked like maybe the power was back on. Got back in just in time to get dismissed.

Called for Federal Jury Duty once. A Big Friggin' Deal since you have to wear a coat and tie and travel all the way to friggin' Orlando. The Central Florida Turnpike Authority informed me that my driver's license was not valid for their roads and so I could not get an account and thus had to stop and shovel dollar bills at all of the tollbooths. Got there and it turned out that they had no cases for the WHOLE MONTH. Told myself I should be happy rather than madder than hell.

I think that everyone should serve at least once on a jury as well as being required to vote in elections, unless prohibited by law. I've found that the ones that protest the loudest about trials being unfair and that people vote in the most stupid way, are the ones that get out of jury duty every time and that they somehow manage to not vote for some reason. Be a participant!

I think i would wear this one.

1730032492935.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back