What Cheered You Up Today? (11 Viewers)

I didn't have my phone handy, so no pics, but sitting out in the pool just now, a section of two T-38s just flew overhead, at maybe 2500 AGL? Years since I've seen one in person, and I have always loved their look.
 
First solo in one is memorable. You walk out alone. Big boy program. Total confidence boost.

It's a shame to see it flying west, but all good things must pass.
 
Agreed. It was fun to fly. Took 500kts, mil power and 10k to do a loop. You entered the overhead pattern at 300kts, and when you had three of your buds on your wing it was even cooler.
I love that kind of talk.
 
Collected my brand new Hyundai Tuscon N-Line hybrid on Monday, and finally got a chance to start exploring its many gadgets and features.
First noted the "Lane Assist" when driving - this keeps the vehicle in the centre of the lane by inputting small corrections when needed, rather like an autopilot or "wing leveller". Weird at first, but very effective !
There's loads of features on the two, 12 inch display screens, and on the centre console, which I'm discovering one by one, and they seem easy enough to use.
Damn, this car is clever !!
Very happy today, and looking forward to the first "proper" drive on Sunday, when I travel the 200 miles to the "Tin Tent" .
 
Thanks Geo, and you're right. I've found a few videos and web sites so far, and they've been very helpful, and possibly easier than searching through the hugely thick User Manual.
One thing I want to try at some point is the "Sport Mode", selected at the touch of a switch. It's a 6 speed auto box, with the shift being a neat little rectangular knob on the steering column. Twist forward for "Drive", centre for "Neutral" and back for "Reverse", with "Park" being a switch on the end of the tab. But there are "flappy paddles" behind the steering wheel, one each side, marked "+" and "-", rather like a F.1 car, where higher or lower gears can be selected at will.
Could be fun !
 
My truck has four different drive modes, one being "Sport". I have an auto 8 speed with turbo but can't change gears manually. When I go to "Sport" mode, the RPM goes up and any acceleration with the throttle is quicker. When I go to pass some one, I firewall the throttle and it goes from 110 to 180 in about 6-8 seconds. The down-side of this is, I also have anti-collision and as I'm warping up to pass, the b!itch is yelling "danger Will Robinson, danger" and trying to apply the brakes and I've got the throttle to the floor try to pass. "Sport" mode is very handy for passing B-train semis
 
Sounds like fun !
Being a petrol-electric hybrid, mine has "regenerative braking", where the electric motor also breaks the motion. So if you touch the brake pedal a tad too hard, you'd end up stopped dead, but enjoying a macro view of the windshield !
Ask me how I know ..............
 
News that new Sabaton album is coming out in a few months:

CoverLegends-article.jpg


 
Back on line after three days.
 
Nah…the best we can hope for is that we fail in interesting ways.
Been there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back