What Did You Get for Christmas?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

no problem, wish we could be there; but here with the flooding many of the roads here are almost impassable: we are heading out in 3 hours to spend monies we don't have .......... 8)

friend I sit on a hill so am safe. the current tv media is covering California which is getting nailed but nothing like southern Oregon. the media covers obviously large population centers for good reason we on the other hand are in a remote very hilly area and full of creek drainages. the river has swept it's banks clean in spots, parts of homes are going down the river, roofs decks and saunas, parts of vehciles, bikes, etc ......... the worst problem is the closure of roads due to all the mud-earth slides. portion of our southern Oregon coastline has been closed for a week and it appears if more is coming and it is, the hwy 101 may well fall off into the ocean.

life is fun here at the moment. As I said earlier on other threads a nice dry cold front would help matters as the ground is permeated and I am literally expecting multi-million dollar homes on the west hills to fall off at any time

oops Im a bit late ...is it New Year already, how did that happen?

I got an Eddie Izard DVD (very good it is too).
several CDs.... Thunder/ KT Tunstall/ couple of Northern Soul/ an acoustic rock cd/ a few burned CDs of a friend...nice, he put lots of stuff I like altogether for me...that was cool, i like that sort of stuff, more thoughtful.
Some fine wines (Chablis...lovely.... when was new year :oops: ), underwear (the good stuff), smellie stuff, batteries, lots of jewelery ( i like hippy /rustic stuff and got loads....tres bon).

no sex though..... not looking promising that I will get any in 2006 either (note to self keep very busy take mind off sex, drink more wine to also take mind off sex, thank thoughtful friend for gift of batteries).

I got mainly DVD's...

Papillon
Hell Is For Heroes
All 3 Die Hard films
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Bridge On The River Kwai
The Towering Inferno
Clarkson: Heaven and Hell
The complete series of The Day Today

Also got Conflict: Global Storm for PS2; 2 books, The Chianti Raiders and a book about the Bermuda Triangle; 2 CD's (Radiohead and a Top Gear one which is crap and I may sell) Some Chucks, a Multi Region DVD player, a Steve Mcqueen Calendar and T-shirt, and a Supercars Calendar, some Cointreau truffles and a few boxes of sweets...

I think thats it...

Crippen said:
no sex though..... not looking promising that I will get any in 2006 either (note to self keep very busy take mind off sex, drink more wine to also take mind off sex, thank thoughtful friend for gift of batteries).

LOL :lol: thank thoughtful friend for gift of batteries :lol:

Twice a week, Adler...that is why I didn't like the fact I missed out on x-mas eve!

I work the rest of the week, or haven't you caught on to that yet? Twice a week keeps me sane.

hey got Amazon.com to send me David Williams Nachtjäger volume 1 for under $ 25.00 US. David did a good job actually especially with the pilot bios. the profiles in the RLM 76 is too dark grey... so kinda a after Weihnact present

recommended

Erich said:
...I am literally expecting multi-million dollar homes on the west hills to fall off at any time

That happened with a couple of homes down at the Gold Coast during a wet spell. House sitting on a hill one minute, half of it tumbling down the hill the next...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back