What do you do for a living?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Full time I work for an aircraft services company that does contract aircraft maintenance for aircraft at the USAF Academy at Colorado Springs. We also provide the tow aircraft for the soaring program. I'm the Quality Control Manager, Engineering System's Manager and the Repair Station Chief Inspector.

Part time I'm a flight instructor and Inspection Authorization (IA). I do annual inspections on GA aircraft and maintenance consulting on jet warbirds (primarily L-29s and 39s) as well as flight instruction and flight reviews.

Hello Flyboy,

what kind of experience with L-29s an d L-39s do you have? Are they reliable? Is the maintenance easy? No problem with the spare parts suplies?
I ask because they were produced here in Czechoslovakia. Today they produce L-159 'ALCA' as you sure know.

Alloys... man...

One of my buddies' brother opened up a shop selling wheels and installing them. Thanks to rap videos, he makes an absolute killing selling retarded 20" wheels to young men that look so shabby it makes you wonder how they are even affording to drop 5 grand on something as ridiculous as giant chrome wheels with hubcaps that spin independently of the wheel... :rolleyes:

Good business move on his part!

It is actually American hip hop style music that has inspired this "bling bling" movement, in the way young people dress, and how their cars look. I am 23 and dont and never have dressed up like Snoop Dogg, although I do listen to Eminem cos I like his music, but some are a bit possessed.. :confused:

Hello Flyboy,

what kind of experience with L-29s an d L-39s do you have? Are they reliable? Is the maintenance easy? No problem with the spare parts suplies?
I ask because they were produced here in Czechoslovakia. Today they produce L-159 'ALCA' as you sure know.

I know the owners of the sole two L39s here in NZ, and all I have ever heard, is these jets are utterly brilliant to fly, operate, maintain etc.

I have just started (literally last week!) working for a company flying a Red Bull sponsored Pitts Special, basically fulltime. Before that, I was working at a Radar Controller training centre as a simulator Pilot, good fun, good money, but not enough hours...I have also been running a Commercial Window Cleaning Franchise since the start of the year, Not skyscrapers, just lower level business buildings (faaaaaantastic money) and steadily saving up for a house and my OWN Yak 52 rather than just having a share in one. :)

I know the owners of the sole two L39s here in NZ, and all I have ever heard, is these jets are utterly brilliant to fly, operate, maintain etc.

I have just started (literally last week!) working for a company flying a Red Bull sponsored Pitts Special, basically fulltime. Before that, I was working at a Radar Controller training centre as a simulator Pilot, good fun, good money, but not enough hours...I have also been running a Commercial Window Cleaning Franchise since the start of the year, Not skyscrapers, just lower level business buildings (faaaaaantastic money) and steadily saving up for a house and my OWN Yak 52 rather than just having a share in one. :)

Thank ou YakFlyer,

good to hear our jets our good!
And good luck in your new job. I watch all the Red Bull Air races on TV here. These pilots have no nerves:shock:

I work for a company called JR Motorsports out of Ankeny, Iowa, just north of the state capital Des Moines. We are a company that caters to the dirt track racing industry and the drag racer or street enthusiasts. I sell parts, engines, and chassis for hobby Stock, Stock car, modified, late model, and sprint car. The racing industry ia pretty cool. Everyone is pretty laid back.

I own a high performance auto shop that caters to the drag racing and sand toy scene mostly,we do a lot of vw engs. for drag and buggys. We also have a 1500 hp chassis dyno. Alot of time we do complete fabrication work on the chassis or build custom turbo, supercarger,NOS kits and do alot of tuning

I work for Royal Mail in Doncaster Mail Centre and I mostly sort packets all night long. In between shifts I spend time at college studying aerospace engineering; this is my second and final year of study before I really start to learn in the industry.

:) I'm a G.M. Automotive Technician (mechanic) for G.M. Dealership on Long Island.I work on all GMC,Pontiac,Buick , Oldsmobile,Chevy. This has been my title for around 3 years of my life. I started rebuilding transmisions when i was 17. Ive owned and operated my own transmission business for 6 years but had to close due to economic changes after 911.

I work all week in the morning hours, tend to my kids sports in the evening (soccer, track, basketball, etc), like to cook for the family, wish that I had more time with the wife and want to shoot 500yd high power rifle competition more often. Overall I'm a sad, pathetic man whose life is self fulfilling in happiness with my young gentlemen and their development. Not too terribly more to ask for I guess. :toothy5:

You don't use Sherman Williams paint on the aircraft do you:lol:

I am a Computer Repair tech. Currently am getting more into the board level repair side of the business again and it is a little frustrating after not doing board level repairs for many, many years. Re-teaching on old dog, old tricks is not as easy as you would think. Particularly when I am the trainer and the trainee at the same time.

Just wondering if that is what you actually use? I thought they just did house paint, but I just didn't know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back