What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, nice parsifal!

Mine is not from the movie, in fact I didn't realize it existed until after I had started using it. We needed nicknames for something that I cannot recall in Grade 9 and I picked Catch22, so I still use it, though nobody calls me it. I don't really have a nickname that's used regularily, though I've been called Panzerwaffle before.

Ah yes, I will always remember that Lieutenant Scheisskopf. Its german for sh*thead, as i recall, and in the book he lived up to his name completely IIRC

I was involved in breaking up a barfight as a young and stupid butterbar at the Town Pump in Fayetville,outside of Bragg - instead of the normal Trooper versus jarhead it was jarhead/trooper versus civilians and a lot of furniture had been 'damaged'.. nobody seriously hurt

I did a lot of yelling at my guys and the jarheads, smoothed over the problem with my own funds, kept them all out of jail and out of the joint before the white rats showed up - and yelled some more to recover my bucks.

One of the jarheads nicknamed me dragon dog. I'd like to think it was out of respect but sir and cur sound a lot alike. I might have also picked up the nick of 'steamboat' from the troopers for the same incident.

I did get a nice note from a Cherry Point company commander thanking me. it made me cry with graitude.

Emon is the first name of a character in X-wing Alliance... Essex is a class of aircraft carrier... RL name is Lance Keys...

Also I have a stupid noob question: how do you change the title under your name?

P.S. Aussie I too am in the 2% that stuck with rock... although all my friends like metal... I say to hell with metal!

Got mine when I set up my aviation art studio. I had a business deal going with a high street franchise company, (they've since gone bust due to losing a court case, don't know details.) the name fitted in nicely with the name of the range of shops here in the U.K. and the 'States. It also worked well being to do with aviation art - pictures of aircraft, picture frames = airframes. Also the name for the structure of an aircraft, and makes me near the begining of any list - easy to check things that way!
I was going to use the nickname I had when I was in the Airborne. I used to be called Pancho, because I was nearly always suntanned, had black hair and moustache, and always seemed to be playing the guitar when not actually 'working' - the boys thought I looked like a Mexican bandit! Trouble is, my moustache has now turned grey, although my hair is still black, and I no longer play guitar as my left hand is crippled with arthritis - bit of a bummer! Still, at least I'm still around and (almost) kicking!

You get to choose many things in life but your nick name is never one of them. My nick name is chook and my company is Chook Enterprises and it comes from a teenage boy incident along the 'American Pie' lines. As long as you all know it was not alive! I used it mainly because of my lack of shame and laziness knowing all the good ones would be taken when I first signed up.

Amsel is a German name that means Blackbird. It is my name and callsign for IL-2 simulator. Anyone use this simulator?

the Scooter part i got because in grade 7 i wouldn't sit still and now its worse because i also got it because i cant keep a girlfriend for more than a month, and the 1992 because that is when i was born and how every second letter is a capital it just looks cool, hence ScOoTeR1992

Users who are viewing this thread