What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked mine up as a result of my avatar on some other sites.

sn1ogi.jpg

Hmmmm, well I registered at a gaming communities site and couldn't think of a username to use and I saw the word Nickname, so I just added No with an underscore before it and there I had it, No_Nickname. I have used it ever since at over 15 different forums, and I even use it as my ingame name for PC gaming and I will still use it for my gamertag. I might even get it copyrighted :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that when my birthday came around, some of the people that knew me pretty well were like for your birthday somebody should give him a nickname, they have tried to get me to get it changed ever since, lol

Me, simple. I'm Burmese. And I come from a loooong line of Bandits...

Just kidding. I was always getting into trouble at school. Hence perptually wearing band-aids.

And thus the name was born...

I bought mine with me from the Ubi IL-2 forum way back when. I believe I was also flying online under that name by then with the Hells Gazelles :lol:

Originally, I had seen a skin of an La-5 painted up like a New York taxi, and as I like bombing stuff as opposed to dogfighting, a name was born! 8)

When I was young, my grandparents you to call me Messy Marvin, as in the kid from the old Hershey's syrup commercials. I guess I looked like him somewhat, and also had a talent for making messes. Well many years later at my first job out of high school, a co worker called me Messy Marvin just by chance, and was surprised I responded to it. Kind of got shortened to Messy becuase it was easier to say and have kept it ever since.

Denahue is a variation of my real name Denny. A fella stuck me with it about thirty five years ago at a company I use to work for. A lot of people, through various boards, know me by it. (Cigar Boards, SF Boards, Diving boards and now Aircraft boards.)

I was trying to register on an internet gaming site (Halo, if you must know) and, obviously, didn't want to use my real name, so I started looking around the room and, since I have three kids, we have a lot of Disney stuff scattered around the house, and my eye landed on my kid's copy of the Lilo Stitch DVD. I definitely didn't want to be called Lilo, so that narrowed my choices down. This was about 5 years ago, and I've been Stitch ever since.

Me ?...really imaginative mine !!, just the first letter of my Christian and Surname...GD.

:sleepy1:

I was trying to register on an internet gaming site (Halo, if you must know) and, obviously, didn't want to use my real name, so I started looking around the room and, since I have three kids, we have a lot of Disney stuff scattered around the house, and my eye landed on my kid's copy of the Lilo Stitch DVD. I definitely didn't want to be called Lilo, so that narrowed my choices down. This was about 5 years ago, and I've been Stitch ever since.

Heh. Stitch rules!!! :headbang:

...come up with your user name?
Didn't see a thread started about it(unless I missed it).
Mine is from my favorite saying by GI's in WWII. Situation Normal ALL F!@#$d Up. I seem to put myself in awkward situations in life( not intentionally mind you) so I consider myself the "SNAFU'd one" in the crowd. If ya feel this is too personal, no disrepect intended.

I liked the saying about CAVU.
Ceiling and Visibility Unlimited.

When i first started looking for a username Cavu had been taken I think so I had to come up with a variation that I liked.
Basically it's the wheels are up and your ceiling and visibility are unlimited.

Wheelsup

The family and I were living out in the country in an old farmhouse with a small river just off the backyard. My neighbor had accidentally hooked a "mudpuppy" one day when he was fishing and it was huge, close to 2 feet long. Anyhoo, I was signing up for a flight sim forum not long after that and the pictures and research I'd done on this overgrown salamander was still fresh in my brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back