What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My user name is "SailorDoc". The reason for this name is pretty simply...I was in the US Navy and served as a Corpsman (and later in my career an RN). If you were a good Corpsman and loved you job (I did and do) guys and gals would affectionately call you by the coveted nickname "Doc". It was one of my greatest honors in my life to serve as a Navy Corpsman. No one has relieved me of that responsibility nor has that honor been taken away. So I remain, though not on active duty, a US Navy Corpsman...So "SailorDoc" it is....

Welcome aboard, shipmate, from the state of Vermont in the northeast corner of the USA. We have a lot of fun here, and learn a lot too, but we don't tolerate name-calling, character bashing, abuse, or political crusading. There's a lot of knowledge, experience, and scholarship here from all over the world, as well as several well known aviation authors and many military veterans. Glad to have you with us; now sit back and enjoy!

Thanks guys!
I am still very shocked about the informative value of this forum!
Welcome aboard. There are a lot of people here who know a lot about a specific item and others who know a lot in general or who have a lot of practical experience so the knowledge base is massive

Mi Tasol (that is Tok Pisin [pidgin English], also called Neo Melanesian) for Just Me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back