What if the U.S. and the USAAF had paid attention?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am led to believe this is some sort of predator drone, code named "dog".
1628293540673.png

One if not the funniest thing I ever did see is when Mythbusters tried to herd cats.

They absolutely did not work it.

I find looking into cats eyes a bizarre experience. It's like they are judging you and judging you inferior.

Little killing machines.
This is my Tuxedo terror, Bushido (who passed away a year ago).
He was a big boy and a formidable foe to the local troublemakers (Foxes, Owls, Raccoons and even a Coyote) and his ability to keep this place free from rodents was legend.

He would always run to greet me when I got home, meowing like a kitten with his bushy tail straight up.
To everyone else, though, he was judgemental and indifferent :lol:

20191115_161656.jpg

Yes, but your 30M year old ancient brain/ancestral memory says OMG I'M GOIMG TO DIE, from back when you were 4" tall and your opposable thumb was .25" long. The cat about to eat you was still about 12" high (on all fours).

Last edited:
This is my Tuxedo terror, Bushido (who passed away a year ago).
He was a big boy and a formidable foe to the local troublemakers (Foxes, Owls, Raccoons and even a Coyote) and his ability to keep this place free from rodents was legend.

He would always run to greet me when I got home, meowing like a kitten with his bushy tail straight up.
To everyone else, though, he was judgemental and indifferent :lol:

View attachment 636695
You know i am gonna dump a tall boy in your left shoe right??

Anyone got any new kittens?
Not new but a couple of old friends. Meteoro (Meteor) on the background and Pizzi (a soccer player for my hometown team) at the front.

Quite a pair. Meteoro wouldn't allow anyone to touch his food bowl while full, except for Pizzi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-09-13-45-32-02_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-09-13-45-32-02_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 16
Funny enough, there was a USS Dogfish (SS-350), launched in late '45, but it was a Balao class sub.
Preceding the Dogfish, was the USS Catfish (SS-339), also a Balao class sub. It was launched winter of '44 but arrived in Japanese waters just in time of the cease-fire.

By the way, the Gato class subs were named for the catshark, the USS Gato (SS-212) being the lead boat in the class.
The USS Gato conducted 13 war patrols during the war and had an unusual situation occur during one patrol, where they surfaced a while after being attacked by Japanese destroyers to discover an intact depth-charge stuck on her deck!
They successfully dislodged it, sending it adrift on a life raft - but that must have been a rather stressful event...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back