What is the Best Beer in the World Poll

What is the best beer?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have not met an Aussie who likes Fosters...

Certainly not the best tasting in the world in my opinion. Not even close.

Regardless the taste, as a warbird fan you gotta love this one. Check out the sub-title :lol:

Attachments

• Beer.JPG
    Beer.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 162
Just read an article of the latest Smithsonian Mag about the archeology of beer...I found it to be pretty interesting along with the fact that a couple of the archeologists are resurrecting the ancient beers and are making them available today!

How cool is that? :thumbleft:

Anyway, here's the article for those who might be interested:
The Beer Archaeologist | History Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine

If I had to pick a beer on this list it would be Guinness, but I really prefer Killian's Irish Red. For a U.S. Domestic beer I would take Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat or Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. For the sake of the poll though I'll go with Guinness.

Youve gotta hand it to the Germans

There is a dog show in the village where I am staying next saturday sunday, 2 guys were setting up the beer trailer this morning. Its all just a question of priorities:lol: There are very few things in Germany that dont involve beer and lots of it.

Found a really nice beer brewery near the town my wife's family lives in. The brewery and beer are called 1610 (named after the year it was first brewed). Very good and mellow but lots of flavor, really hard to describe. Very similar to a local brewery here in my area called the Dorn Brau". Just bought a nice case of Dorn Brau Helles yesterday.

Found a really nice beer brewery near the town my wife's family lives in. The brewery and beer are called 1610 (named after the year it was first brewed). Very good and mellow but lots of flavor, really hard to describe. Very similar to a local brewery here in my area called the Dorn Brau". Just bought a nice case of Dorn Brau Helles yesterday.

The local brew here is Wittinger its a bit bitter and is an aquired taste that is after about 20 gallons you could say I've aquired a taste for it.

Dangit, I need to move to Germany!!!
Been drinking a beer called Summer Ale by the Alaskan Brewing company out of Alaska lately. It is a German Kolsh style ale and it's pretty tasty, not to bitter (although I like bitter beer). Resembles a good Lager than an Ale, but that's the Kolsh style.

I actually like the Alaska Brewing Company. I really enjoyed the Alaskan Amber. Drank it quite a bit when I was up in Alaska.

View attachment 174928

I'll have to see if I can find that one at the Beer store today when I go. There are some U.S. brewers out there making some very good beers. Little beer only store up the road from work carries a lot of the Micro-brew, craft brew from around the county, and a bit of imported stuff (mostly Belgian beers).They carry no U.S. macro-brew slop other than Grain Belt for the occasional drunk or confused person that wanders into the store. Have to head there at lunch before heading out of town

Dammit I have just found out there is a beer tasting party at the local brewery and Ive booked a flight home for the weekend. Ive gotta do more research.

I mentioned this to some friends the other day and to a man they decided that you are all wrong. The only choice is between either:-

a) The one you have (for the enjoyment)
b) The one you are going to have (for the anticipation)

The further north you go in Germany the beer tends to become more bitter and, the further south you go it tends to get more sweeter. I like them all...;)

And strong as **** ...I once very stupidly got involved in a beer drinking contest involving Germans and German beer in la belle France.
The gutter was very comfie that night...
Pity the Gendarme didn't see the funny side of it... but, that is another story
I really must go to the Beer Festival one day
Cheers
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back