What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ingmar Bergman - The Seventh Seal
Due to the current "fad" concerning UFO's (it seems to come back around every 20 years or so), I watched an old, 1984 classic "REPO MAN". One of its stars was the late, great Harry Dean Stanton, a favorite actor of mine. The movie is a "cult classic" for sure but the atmosphere of the movie is actually quite parallel to today's social angst. With UFO's, government cover-ups, and nut-cases galore, the movie is a real treat. At the time, the "critics" considered it one of the best movies of 1984.

As Mark Twain once said, "History doesn't really repeat itself but it sure rhymes a lot."

After a wild car chase in the "Los Angeles River":
"Damn, that was intense!" - Otto
"Repo man is always intense." - Bud

Last edited:
Due to the current "fad" concerning UFO's (it seems to come back around every 20 years or so), I watched an old, 1984 classic "REPO MAN". One of its stars was the late, great Harry Dean Stanton, a favorite actor of mine. The movie is a "cult classic" for sure but the atmosphere of the movie is actually quite parallel to today's social angst. With UFO's, government cover-ups, and nut-cases galore, the movie is a real treat. At the time, the "critics" considered it one of the best movies of 1984.

As Mark Twain once said, "History doesn't really repeat itself but it sure rhymes a lot."

After a wild car chase in the "Los Angeles River":
"Damn, that was intense!" - Otto
"Repo man is always intense." - Bud
One of my favorite movies. I saw it while I was living in Southern California. I could really go for a box of Food right now.

Air Force (1943) & Task Force (1949) today.
A bit of trivia for Task Force. The actor Wayne Morris, who portrayed a torpedo plane pilot & F6F pilot, is the only Hollywood actor who is a real WW2 ace. Flying F6Fs, he is credited with 6 victories, some sources give 7 as the number downed. He was an actor prewar, joined the USN, then came back to acting in movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back