What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been binge watching the original Hawaii Five-0 TV series.
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062568/

Something I have noticed in the first two seasons is that they used a lot of stock footage to fill in the gaps of a scene. There is one where Danno and McGarrrett are running down the stairs of Five-0's headquarters to get into McGarrett's car. A couple more scenes where they are driving along the same stretch of road. Another of an old style hand held microphone sitting on the dash of a car. There are definitely more but those scenes have definitely been used a lot.

Something else that is a bit jarring is to see Robin's Nest being used as a location for several episodes already and I am only about half way through season 2. I keep wanting to see Magnum and Higgins come out of the place.

Wheels

First 2 episode of "Maters of the Air".

Excellent !
Only noticed two small discrepancies - Pilot states "lost the port flap", when it was the aileron. The second was a continuity error, where the control tower at Thorpe Abbotts is shown with the radio shack on the roof in at least two shots, and then without in another shot.
Overall though, extremely well done, with the reproduction of the Thorpe Abbotts airfield very accurate and convincing. The real Thorpe Abbotts airfield is only a seven minute drive from where my "Tin Tent" is based, and the 100th Bomb Group Museum have restored the Control Tower and some other buildings. The view from the top of the tower, and some of the dispersal scenes in the TV series, correspond almost exactly to what can be seen today (some pics below from a recent visit).
Also the production company built two, full size B-17s which, although they can't physically fly, can move around, and these are very well done, indistinguishable from the real thing.
I had initial doubts, before seeing the episodes, as to the effectiveness of the air to air CGI, but it is very well done.
Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Masters 1.jpg
Masters 2.jpg
Masters 3.jpg
Masters 4.jpg

First 2 episode of "Maters of the Air".

Excellent !
Only noticed two small discrepancies - Pilot states "lost the port flap", when it was the aileron. The second was a continuity error, where the control tower at Thorpe Abbotts is shown with the radio shack on the roof in at least two shots, and then without in another shot.
Overall though, extremely well done, with the reproduction of the Thorpe Abbotts airfield very accurate and convincing. The real Thorpe Abbotts airfield is only a seven minute drive from where my "Tin Tent" is based, and the 100th Bomb Group Museum have restored the Control Tower and some other buildings. The view from the top of the tower, and some of the dispersal scenes in the TV series, correspond almost exactly to what can be seen today (some pics below from a recent visit).
Also the production company built two, full size B-17s which, although they can't physically fly, can move around, and these are very well done, indistinguishable from the real thing.
I had initial doubts, before seeing the episodes, as to the effectiveness of the air to air CGI, but it is very well done.
Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

View attachment 759941View attachment 759942View attachment 759943View attachment 759944

Agreed, I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back