What is your favourite city in the world?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, so now it's even nicer, most of the monuments being dmagaed during the floods were repaired or restored. But the floods were crazy:

Karlin-Prvnihopluku2.jpg

This is not a canal but a street. 15 meters high train viaduct on the right!

Karlin-Krizikovamizivevode.jpg

Karlin-Sokolovska4.jpg

Karlin-Sokolovska.jpg

Metro-Florenc2.jpg

I have a friend who lives in Seattle, she's always going on about how beautiful it is there. I should visit her.

Yes Pisis the floods were terrible. I remember how they tried to save everything in the cathedral. It really is a shame the historical damage that was done.

Yeah. Most bad was hurt a quarter called Karlín (most of the photos are from there). My Grandma lives there. I went there only one week after the flooding - like after the war - several houses had collapsed, everything up to 3 meters was destroyed - people who had flats in the 1st stock where throwing mood out of their windows with showels... crazy. If you played ever the RPG game Fallout - certainly it looked alike!

Thanks. We were the whole family in Italy when this happened and her friend from the UK (my grandma is unbelieavable vital - she's 79 and still teaches at the Charles University and is involed in many exchange programs) was there - he was evacuated on a boat! :lol: But the falt is in the 6th stock so no problem. But as I said, we were in Italy and the first new we got was "Whole Prague is underwater!" so we were scared a bit (although our house couldn't be hurt, it's on the outskirts - Letňany - on a big hill) but then the things came out real. Still it was a shock, many of my friends and people I know were evacuated or lost their cars, etc... But paradoxically it helped Prague to enquick the renovations of it's monuments.

Sorry to see that Pisis but I',m sure it will bounce back.
As for my favourite city I have none each has a plus side and a minus side I have yet to visit a city that I cant find something that is not worth seeing about it.

I heard a story about a guy who was back-packing in Rio, starts chatting to this girl on the beach, the girl suggests going off for some fun. As they are about to set off, she pauses and says,

"Oh by the way, is it okay if I bring my girl-friend too?"

Arriba! :lol:

Pisis... I think they have just found the city of God M8, its called Rio.

I just like many Cities ( I could have said Man City.... under a sky of blue, but it would have been lost on most peeps).

I love architecture and/or views mostly, but the beach in Montego bay Jamaica ( all inclusive), geez every rum cocktail under the sun.... made that a memorable place.

Bacelona for art, Austria for the scenery, Vagas for the ....yee-hah!! Toronto the pace. I could just go on and on.
but i have to confess... My favourite place is the city of York ( England) I just adore it there, it just has a bit of everything.

Where is the worst place you have visited and why???????

I found TJ in Mexico a shit hole and I was vastly disappointed with New York so over rated.

I think this is a cool thread, really interesting, I really fancy Prague now. Now tell me where not to bother going :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back