What kind of car do you drive?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Parmigiano said:
... one cylinder is not enough, and three are too many...
And Harleys reminds me of handsome ladies dressed as whores, so the right bike is ...

You do not really think that the BMW bike is better than a Harley. I have a relative who works for the BMW company and buys only BMW cars and he says he would never buy a BMW bike. He calls them the crap! HARLEY ALL THE WAY!

Harley = shite.

It's as simple as that - if you must have something loud and obnoxious on two wheels, it might as well look good, go fast, and be able to turn well, none of which Harleys accomplish. Buell bikes are nice for American, though.

Though I will admit to liking V8 cruisers, not that I'd own one, but the sheer ridiculous-ness(?) of them appeals to me. There's a Boss Hog shop in my town and I wanna stop by someday to get a closer look.

If I have to be serious I say tha ALL bikes are nice, the rest is a matter of taste.
My choice is the BMW boxer, I just like it by heart and I think is the best piece of iron ever put above two wheels!

About Harley, I think they are sound bikes with a lousy aesthetic: too much 'glamour' for my taste, and I am not a fan of loud noise either (except for racing engines)

But all tastes are good: if women would like only handsome men, I would never had f***ed once in my life... (at least free of charge)

Harleys look good but usually shake themselves apart after a while

BMWs are awesome but somehow lack soul

Ducatis also awesome and beautiful to look at but are as hard as rock to ride

Hondas are solid but dull, with the exception of the Fireblade and the like

Yamahas are fast and kinda fragile

Suzukis are strong but not that fast - with some exceptions

Kawasakis are fast and tough but also a bit ugly

Triumphs look brutal but I guess that's ok

Righto - flame away with your dissagreements :D

Well CC, try to ride a Ducati (or one of those HD with seating that make your back stay vertical) for 6-7 hours and then you'll let me know about the joy of ride...
I saw people so exhausted and with such a backache that they had vision of Jesus and the Virgin Mary riding a chopper in the Motel backyard.

Ducati (and all sport bikes) gives you great and violent emotions, but if you bend 75 degrees you can't pretend to also have soft dumpers...

Ride it a couple of hours and it's great fun, go in vacation fully loaded and the transfer route will become a nightmare after 300km!

Me and my sister did a camping trip by motorcycle a few years back, starting off in Norfolk, England then across to Holland by ferry and we rode through Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, France, Leichtenstien, Switzerland, Austria and Italy, then came back mostly through France.

I did all the 'piloting' as my sis didn't have a licence, and it was quite tiring as we did all that in one week. But the bike was well behaved, even loaded up, I raced a Ferrari in Italy, until sis got panicky and hit me :lol:

It was an excellent trip, the only downside was the pre-Euro currency changes - we had pockets full of coins - German Marks, French Francs, Austrian Schillings, Italian Lira etc. etc. we must have done an exchange nearly every day :rolleyes:

Two things stand out even now:

The Swiss have the best camp sites in the World 8)

Mountain passes may look nice, but hairpin bends are hellish to get round on a bike....:shock:

Oh and the bike? a Suzuki GSX600f - RIP my friend - burnt to death by an obnoxious scumbag, but that's another story... :mad:

Actually I find those Choppers like a HD much more confortable over a long period of time rather than those Croch Rockets that you neal and lay down on. The HD is build for comfort, never had a problem with back pains or exhaustion.

old thread but whatever........

1971 VW bug, Clemintine orange first car :) got it when i was 14
1973 Superbeetle Turd Brown, sitting in a field 6 years but floors are solid!! go figure!, with Factory A/C. both projects, don't have license yet but still love them!

I drive a 2006 Ford Fusion w/ a 351W with a custom... ah hell it's just a family sedan who am I kidding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back