What Movie To Buy?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

its not war movie, but my favourite movie of all time "The Shawshank Redemption" its brilliant.

The Guns of Navarone is a another entertaining Alistair Mclean. With the titles you say you already own, you have good taste!

You haven't watched "Guns of Navarone"???? Oh, a must buy or see. Gregory Peck is fantastic! As is Niven and Quinn and.... They made some geat movies in the '60s of McLean movies. Get "Ice Station Zebra", also - great sub movie.

I won "Sahara" at a cost of.....99 cents! So with shipping it will be $3.99! And I also won "Where Eagles Dare". A bit more at $10 with $3 shipping but well worth it.

"Stalingrad", "Dark Blue World" and "Battle of the River Platte" are out - either too expensive or wrong DVD Region.

Gonna look for deals on these...
"Clockwork Orange"
"The Right Stuff"
"Von Ryan's Express"
"Earth vs the Flying Saucers"
"Forbidden Planet"
"Tobruk"
"Omega Man" original with Heston

See how it goes. Thanks all!

anybody know the name of the movie about a lost patrol during Gulf War I?

You haven't watched "Guns of Navarone"???? Oh, a must buy or see. Gregory Peck is fantastic! As is Niven and Quinn and.... They made some geat movies in the '60s of McLean movies. Get "Ice Station Zebra", also - great sub movie.

I won "Sahara" at a cost of.....99 cents! So with shipping it will be $3.99! And I also won "Where Eagles Dare". A bit more at $10 with $3 shipping but well worth it.

"Stalingrad", "Dark Blue World" and "Battle of the River Platte" are out - either too expensive or wrong DVD Region.

"Clockwork Orange"
"The Right Stuff"
"Von Ryan's Express"
"Forbidden Planet"
"Tobruk"

Read the Right Stuff one of the best books on pilots you'll ever read

Omega man is a good choice, I also recommend Soylent Green if you like Charlton Heston.
BTW have you got the original War of the worlds? It's a fantastic DVD and a favourite of my 4 year old son!

I have both the original and the Cruise/Spielburg slop. The copy I have has extras including the radio broadcast from 1938. As it plays it shows scenes from inside the studio. Also has a docu on the life of HG Welles. My favorite all time movie! (besides "The Birds")

Thats it!!!!

Let me check ebay. I love getting movies from them. $3.99 for "Sahara" beats Best Buy any day!

Just ordered it for $3.80 with $2 shipping.

"Clockwork Orange"
"The Right Stuff"
"Von Ryan's Express"
"Forbidden Planet"
"Tobruk"

Your not talking about Three Kings?

Njaco if you havent seen it I highly recommend Shawshank Redemption, another good American movie is Breaking Away. Neither are really war related but both excellent films.

Thanks PB, I've heard of the "Bridge". Will check it out. I don't know about the best 4x4 movie but you have to see "The Sorcorer" (I think thats misspelled) with Roy Scheider. About a group of guys who truck some TNT across Africa in a couple old deuce and a halves. The bridge scene is out there!

Got to suggest "12 o'clock high", my favorite. 'Flat Top' is kind of a Navy version of it. Not as good but I still like it.

Another one is 'Mister Roberts". This one has some sentimentality with it. My Grandpa has a story about his time in the Navy during WWII that this movie reminds me of.

Hadn't watched it in a while so broke out 'Hell Fighters' a few weeks ago.

A couple of suggestions; 'Dive Bomber', 'Hell Divers'.

"Mr. Roberts"!!!! Forgot about that one! What a great movie.

"All right, who took my plant?!!!"

Already have 12 O'clock. Thankx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back