What the.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found out through an email from an coin dealer here in Glasgow that it's a Shilling, fairly common date worth about £3....:( :lol:
Oh well, keep it for the old age then....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great find, Lucky!

Not sure if you thought about this or not, but is there a possability that someone "stashed" some coins behind a panel or in the wall somewhere nearby?

I've heard stories where people back in the olden days used to hide valuables like coins and jewelry behind bricks, panels, etc...perhaps that's how this coing "magically" appeared.

Off "pulling" maybe, but I doubt its the floorboards. :lol:

Have you asked around with other coin-collecting types? Could be you just happened to choose the one guy who recognized its worth, and tried to pull the wool over your eyes and get $4 (for lack of a "pounds" key) for a $500 coin? I'd get several different opinions before tossing it in the spare-change jar.

I wouldn't recommend lemon juice as it is quite acidic and can actually damage the coin over time. I have also heard of people using vinegar. Also not a good idea.
Recommended by a couple of coin sites but as I said seen it on a FYI bit I'm no chemist or a coin collector

Users who are viewing this thread

Back