- Thread starter
- #41
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Some big motors across the pond!
Most of my friends here think I'm mad, as I now have a Jeep Cherokee (it's just turned 14). Nice car, though I don't use it off road these days.It wasn't too bad when I first got it, about three and a half years ago. But now, with that 4 litre lump, and the price of a gallon of fuel in the UK at roughly the equivalent of $8.50 US.........
Now that brought back memories. No performance, but all the style you could want, at a price you could afford...............1962 Singer Vogue bought in 1978 with 20,000 on the clock loved it did another 180,000 trouble free miles before I sold it for 200 quid I had only payed £300 in the first place.
What were you doing driving on railroad tracks?
Sys: You obviously know what a "shoo-fly" is. It also applies to highways.
It serves the same purpose when a bridge is under repair.
Charles
Yeah Watanbe, you're right! Has anybody got anything seriously small, like a Smart car!!??
Coincidendce, Njaco, I had a '78 Land Rover 88, Series III, that I kept for 10 years! Had it fully kitted-out for off-roading, with cage, recovery points, harnesses, suspension strenghtened etc. That's another one I should have kept! It went about 5 years ago, still going strong in Blackpool. Used to call it (and had decal on it too) SLUF. Yes, like the A7 - Short, Little, Ugly F****r !
This is the car I will get December.
![]()
hey mate that's a ripper, excellent little cars you will have so much fun in it! Hopefully you have some nice roads around your area to have some fun. It wont lose any value either I dont know about South Africa but in Australia these are increasing in value!
This is the car I will get December.
![]()
My first car was a 1951 Chevy coupe, with a custome rip and tare interior and tires so thin you could see the air in them, paid 25 usd for it. Boy what a deal in 1968. First time it rained the paint job was down the driveway (the previouse owner had painted it with interior laytex paint) and boy was DAD mad.