What your Favorite LATE WAR prop fighter says about you (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still trying to understand guys like buffnut453 buffnut453 and @P-39 Expert, for what it's worth. :p

For the record, the Buffalo is nowhere near my favourite aircraft...I just find its conflicting combat record fascinating.

My all-time favourite is the Mosquito. The epitome of "if it looks right, it flies right".

Now...to get things back on track, my favourite late-war fighter would likely be another de Havilland product...the Hornet. Yes, I know it's just squeaking in at the end of the war...but it's close enough for me to self-justify.

Last edited:
For the record, the Buffalo is nowhere near my favourite aircraft...I just find its conflicting combat record fascinating.

My all-time favourite is the Mosquito. The epitome of "if it looks right, it flies right".

Now...to get things back on track, my favourite late-war fighter would likely be another de Havilland product...the Hornet. Yes, I know it's just squeaking in at the end of the war...but it's close enough for me to self-justify.
Sound choices

yeah you are right i didn't realise it saw service
I dont think they saw combat but were issued to Squadrons in the last weeks months of the war. Roman numerals are quite easy up to 20 which is where they are used most, I find it easier to remember marques as Numerals or letters than as a simple Arabic type number.

I was with the understanding that it was 24 Scrupulum to an Uncia?
I was just checking if the boys at the back were paying attention, I just found out that the bone I broke when I was 17 (acetabulum) is also a Roman measure, and an organ in some invertebrates, thats the trouble with using too much Latin.

I was just checking if the boys at the back were paying attention, I just found out that the bone I broke when I was 17 (acetabulum) is also a Roman measure, and an organ in some invertebrates, thats the trouble with using too much Latin.
Indeed.
Not only Latin, but Greek tends to get in the mix as well.

By the way, I must be slipping. That should have read XXIV Scrupulum to the Uncia. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back