What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Real sorry to hear that Matt, my thought are with you.

Dinner tonight: Lemon Chicken Tagine with green beans, couscous and a sprinkling of toasted almond and coriander.

Spicy Ramen noodles with chicken, sweet Thai chili sauce combined with Sichuan spicy sauce and Sriracha hot chili sauce.
Whole grain brown rice.
Should have had a Pilsner but was out. :( Had to make do with milk.

Spicy Ramen noodles with chicken, sweet Thai chili sauce combined with Sichuan spicy sauce and Sriracha hot chili sauce.
Whole grain brown rice.
Should have had a Pilsner but was out. :( Had to make do with milk.

How the hell you get away with that substitution?

Got out of class late tonight, so stopped and picked up Burger with Portobello mushrooms and Swiss Cheese.

I've heard several people talk about Srirachi Sauce, what does it taste like? Is it like a sweet chili sauce?

Yes, but more like a slighty sweet garlic hot pepper sauce. Not overwhelming in hot. And very mildly sweet. Good stuff.

Tonight, I have family over for the bereavement frickin' all goddam week extravaganza... sorry...just needed to vent.

Heat oven to 400F, Making some lasagna rolls. Mix up some parmesan, eggs, ricotta, chopped spinach and italian sausage. Make some lasagna noodles al dente. Put the cheese/egg/sausage mixture on the lasagna noodles (about 2T per noodle) and roll up. A Beschemel sauce is put in a 13x9 pyrex pan. Put the rolled noodles in pan not touching. Pour marinara over the top. Sprinkle with mozzerella over each roll. Bake for 20min covered in foil. Remove foil and bake for 10min more.

Home made garlic bread. 2.5inx15in french bread cut in half. Put 4Tbsp butter and 1Tbsp olive oil in bowl. Mince with a fork. Add 2tsp of minced garlic and 2Tbsp of minced parseley. Pinch of salt. Mix well. Cut loaf in half and spread on each side. Wrap in foil tightly. Bake in same 400F oven 20min.

Tell family that you need to grieve and get the **** out of your house.

Repeat.

Went and got Chinese take-out:
Sweet-n-Sour Pork, Pork fried rice and fried Wontons (along with all the tastey stuff that comes with the order)...

Finally found a great Chinese resteraunt that puts more than one piece of pineapple in the SnS Pork, matter of fact, they load all sorts of goodies in there and while I would never drink Tsing-Tao beer by itself, it goes very well with Chinese food (big surprise there, right?)

And Matt, that lasagna sound real good...I'll have to copy that down and give it a shot sometime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back