What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Slow cooked a pork shoulder at 275F coated with a dry rub for hours in the oven. Made some southern green beans with bacon and homemade mac cheese. Looking lovely. Can't wait.

You know Chris speaking of Cod we as a family would eat cod fish cakes,it was minced cod in a can an egg added and fried to a crispy crust was formed on both sides.Gawd that was good have not seen a can of cod in 15yrs. simple cheap meal when 9 people sat around a table.The Golden rule "first one done gets seconds"

Wouldn't you use some flour as a binder? I would think they would just fall apart. We used to eat "salmon croquettes" as a kid. Made from canned salmon ofcourse. Add an egg and some minced onion. Form into a patty and roll in flour. Shake off excess, dip in egg and roll in cornmeal. Fry 'er up.

And at my house, having a rule that encouraged us kids to eat in a frenzy would have only invited dad to rap us in the head to slow down. He hated fast eating.

Crock pot beef stew, with 'taters, pearl onions, fresh peas and corn. and a bit of cream of golden mushroom soup for a good sauce base.
And garlic. Can't forget that!

I have been cooking a homemade chile for the last few hours for tonight. This is a new recipe though, so not sure how it will taste.

Wouldn't you use some flour as a binder? I would think they would just fall apart. We used to eat "salmon croquettes" as a kid. Made from canned salmon ofcourse. Add an egg and some minced onion. Form into a patty and roll in flour. Shake off excess, dip in egg and roll in cornmeal. Fry 'er up.

And at my house, having a rule that encouraged us kids to eat in a frenzy would have only invited dad to rap us in the head to slow down. He hated fast eating.

Could be Matt I know I tried it like the way I described it some years back and had that kind of issue it seems still good,just not as firm as momma's.

Well it appears that I'm overruled tonight. Fooking pizza. Again. Having worked for years in pizza restaurants as a kid, the smell is hard to deal with. This includes anything with tomato sauce. Don't get me wrong, when I'm in the mood for pizza or italian I gnosh. But my wife likes it once or twice a week (take and bake or frozen). Makes me ****ing gag. And I'm the bad guy.

Take and bake (all brands) gets boring real quick and isn't much of anything the 2nd day if leftover. I buy fresh pre-made dough from Italian and Greek bakeries ($1.50 aprox per pie), I buy 4 at a time, freeze 3 and make one with the fresh dough. I bake on a stone at 500 (convection) for about 12 minutes using a sheet of parchment paper to move the dressed pie onto the preheated stone in the oven and back out when cooked.

These pizzas are very good .... and better on the 2nd day if you avoid the microwave and heat instead in a skillet to warm up and crisp up the crust.

Cheese, mushrooms, Greek hot sausage with blended italian cheese. I lightly brush the formed pie with Chinese fish oil before applying the tomato base coat ..... this has the effect of providing an anchovy-saltiness for a wife who doesn't like anchovies but doesn't know when she's eating them ... :).

We eat pizza once a week

Last edited:
White bread without nothing all day. Is going in for a stomach examination tomorrow, so I'm not allowed to eat anything but yoghurt, soup and white bread. No butter, no bacon, no eggs, no nothing but that.
And since I hate soup and dislike yoghurt, well...*shrug* :D
Am definitely looking forward to getting that examination over and done with tomorrow afternoon, then I'm gonna empty the fridge when I get home again! :p :D

Tonight we eat... Deviled Dungeness Crab.
download.jpg

This Dungeness? I bet the crab was 30 kilos with 28 legs and two heads living in the nuclear warmed waters.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back