What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Change of venue. Wife brought home a take and bake pepperoni pizza. Making some sautéed mushrooms with garlic, pepper flakes and a little butter to spice 'er up. Looks like breakfast maybe tomorrow.

Did some Fillet Mignon (with a home-made Teriyake marinade) with scalloped potatoes and Pilsner Urquell for the beverage of choice

This was of course, topped off with a Macanudo Maduro :thumbleft:

When were you in Gus Vic?
Somethings have changed, some haven't.

Would have been weekends spent either in Plymouth, Torquay or Barnstable during 1966 early 1967. I was stationed at Chivenor in those days and my folks lived in South Brent.

Change of venue. Wife brought home a take and bake pepperoni pizza. Making some sautéed mushrooms with garlic, pepper flakes and a little butter to spice 'er up. Looks like breakfast maybe tomorrow.

Having a variation on that theme tonight, Pepperoni Pasta.

Did some Fillet Mignon (with a home-made Teriyake marinade) with scalloped potatoes and Pilsner Urquell for the beverage of choice

This was of course, topped off with a Macanudo Maduro :thumbleft:

Not only does that dinner sound good, but I LOVE Pilsner Urquell. They only have the Heffewiesen at my local grocery haunt. :(

Not only does that dinner sound good, but I LOVE Pilsner Urquell. They only have the Heffewiesen at my local grocery haunt. :(
We have several places here in town that have Pilsner Urquell. It's actually easier to find than St. Pauli Girl dark!

By the way, if you enjoy Pilsner Urquell, you'd most likely enjoy Kamonitza or Zagorka. Both are Bulgarian beers based on Czech brewmaster's recipes. Matter of fact, a Bulgarian doctor was so enthralled with Czech beer after his visit to Prague, he came back to Stara Zagora and founded Zagorka based on a recipe he got during his Czech visit.

If you ever visit 'Britain's ocean city' as Plymouth is now grandly titled you would see a lot of changes Vic.

When the ..**! did Plymouth become 'Britain's Ocean City'? ..**! slogan makers. The same sort of people who turned Swilly into North Prospect and expected it to make a difference.

In 1967 Plymouth was still rebuilding the damage caused by the Luftwaffe. In 2013 they are still rebuilding the damage caused by the planners of 1967. Next they will be rebuilding the damage caused by the people who rebuilt the renewed city centre.

Bring back the pedestrian underpasses! Make the planners stand in the cold rain waiting for a pedestrian crossing to stop the traffic instead of being able to walk straight under the roads in the dry.

Anyone want to buy my house in Plymouth?

'Welcome to Britain's ocean city' is a sign you see as you barrel down the Plympton bypass. I thinks its a stupid title but, no more stupid that 'cultural city' that the PCC have tried so hard to get.
I love Plymouth but, this is silly.

The market end of town is due for a going over soon as its gone south since Derry's ( COOP) shut.

I really wish that more of the old town had been preserved after WW2's devastation. Other cities did it, why couldn't we?

To return to normal programming: boiled smoked bacon with pease pudding and cabbage tomorrow dinner. I have just put the bacon joint and the peas in to soak overnight. Toying with the idea of a golden syrup steamed sponge pudding to follow. All washed down with some Norman poire.

What's the saying? The English and the Americans, a common culture seperated by a common language.

For Halloween my wife made the kids (and us) "Bloody Eye Balls". Basically meatball subs with green olive pupils. Tasty!

English and Americans have a common culture? There was me thinking that the English (British) have a common(ish) language but a different culture whereas the British and the French have a common(ish) culture and a different language.

On the secret language front; it's toad in the hole for Sunday's dinner.

John, like me you have probably reached the age where wind is the default dietary setting any way. I am debating finding a way to store and burn it as a green fuel. After tonight we may be self sufficient for days and the Jerusalem artichoke season is about on us too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back