What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Someone mention BACON!

20130917 Bacon 4.jpg

20130917 Bacon 3.jpg

20130917 Bacon 2.jpg

20130917 Bacon 1.jpg

Two options tonight.

Locally caught Pollock fillets home made chips with mushy peas.

Home made oggies with a side of fried Hogs Pud chips.

Proper West Country portions too :)

Last edited:
Spurred on my success I have got together the ingredients for a home made faggots.

Minced up by my local butcher and then put into pig gut to make the ball shape.

Served up with onion gravy, chopped up whole potatoes with butter and asparagus spears.

Proper 'andsome :)

Spurred on my success I have got together the ingredients for a home made faggots.

Minced up by my local butcher and then put into pig gut to make the ball shape.

Served up with onion gravy, chopped up whole potatoes with butter and asparagus spears.

Proper 'andsome :)

Ahh! Drools. Must Get some faggots, chips, mushy peas and gravy at some chippie when I'm in Plymouth next month.

You mean you know what goes into a faggot? For God's sake don't tell me or I'll never eat another one. I've always assumed it was pigs wobbly inside bits minced and wrapped in a pig's caul.

Skinned pork belly,smoked streaky bacon,pigs liver, pigs heart, onions,bread crumbs, sea salt pepper plus the magic ingredient English mustard.

Mince this little lot up and shove the mix into the pigs caul and roast in onion gravy.

The food that defeated the Spanish Armada :)

( for the benefit of the Americans I'll explain the joke.... when the cannon balls ran out we have iron hard west country faggots to fire.... :))

Skinned pork belly,smoked streaky bacon,pigs liver, pigs heart, onions,bread crumbs, sea salt pepper plus the magic ingredient English mustard.

Mince this little lot up and shove the mix into the pigs caul and roast in onion gravy.

The food that defeated the Spanish Armada :)

( for the benefit of the Americans I'll explain the joke.... when the cannon balls ran out we have iron hard west country faggots to fire.... :))

You meat there is actual meat in a faggot!

(was the faggots and fire an intended pun?)

Last night, home-made chili-cheese dogs with a baked potato

Tonight, spagetti with a garlic/tomato/basil sauce. Of course there must be ample amounts of garlic toast with it!

and the bowel :)

I have had a pig out today with a Warrens peppered steak pastie, Eccles cake, lamb donab kebab chips (the new place in Ebrington street is good), ham mustard sandwiches, fruit cake... and.....

I love ham, mayo and mustard sammies. Well looks like I'm gonna make a homemade Hamburger Helper dinner. Think homemade macaroni and cheese with a little hamburger, onion and garlic sautéed and mixed in. Comfort food to eat out of a bowl while the MLS playoffs are going on. Lazyman's food. Well not really, as compared to eating it out of a box, it is kinda a pain in the azz for such a simple dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back