What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm. Let's see now. On the workbench tonight, and awaiting finishing - the Boston and the Tempest, both to be finished tonight. The 56 Sqn Phantom in 1/48th scale, plus 1/32nd scale Hunter and the 'Fire Dump' Spit, all to be completed by early January - he said hopefully! Then there's the rather large base already cut for the FW190 diorama...oh, and the beginnings of the Lancaster for the current GB. Good job the local pub has closed down.....

A tad bit of irony, when I started this thread a certain RAAF Vc Spitfire was on the work bench, well it still bloody is!

lol get to work on it then!!

well, the enterprise is holding up well on her own. she's still got a few more days to dry up before I glue the base back on. I'm amazed that the warp nacelles are PERFECTLY aligned. much better than they were before they broke off. I guess I have to thank God for knocking her off the table. lol. thanks, God! ;D

Happy new year guys!

Here's a few pics of the Fokker Dr.I in progress...

Found out colours I painted her in originally were wrong - since super-detailed according to photos of restored aircraft and repainted. (Didn't bother with inner fueslage rigging wires aft of the pilot's seat though, no point)

Once engine and cowl assembled (paints still drying), can finally get onto the fueslage painting...

Attachments

• STA52376.JPG
    STA52376.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 72
  • STA52377.JPG
    STA52377.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 76
  • STA52378.JPG
    STA52378.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 71
  • STA52424.JPG
    STA52424.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 70
  • STA52425.JPG
    STA52425.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 75
Looking great Evan. :thumbright:
Don't forget about removing with a putty these panel lines on fuselage at the cockpiy area. If it is the Revell one of course.

Dzieki my friend! Thanks for the reminder about the panel lines too, I had forgotten! :oops: (Yep, it is the Revell kit)

I think I might have overdone the cockpit shading a bit - what do you think?

You might be right. The plywood seems to be a little bit lighter.So whole cockpit would have been lighter.
But it's OK. I think. Looking very good.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back