What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's way you should have added some white to the paint to make it lighter for 1/72 scale. Anyway, looking quite good.

Actually it's not quite as dark as it looks in the pic, I think the camera metered on the white paper... plus it's still glossy for the decals which seems to make it look darker. I have used exactly the same paint (from the same tin) on my Phantom which has a satin/semi-gloss finish and looks... OKish

Fact is I'm just plain lazy when it somes to mixing paints, and I 'd be worried about the FAA collection progressing and findign I've got a bunch of planes all with different shades of EDSG.
(EDSG looks blue in some photos)

And they say the camera never lies.

That's true Dwight.

But back to the white adding ...it is always syggested.How many drops should be added it depends on a model scale. The reason is that the same paint looks different being applied to a small surface and to a large one.

Ok...will believe you this time!

I'm with Wayne...

Recently I have been sent by Marek with a few pics. He bought a F-14 Tomcat model of very big scale ( sorry I can't recall the scale myself) about two months ago. He disassemble the model as it has to be corrected at many levels. Marek started it with making new seats. Here a couple of pics.

Attachments

• F-14_1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 116
  • F-14_ 2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 110
  • F-14_3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
ANd more. The last shot showes the scratch-built one and the seat from the model.

Attachments

• _IGP9192.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 123
  • _IGP9194.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 91
  • _IGP9193.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 121
  • _IGP9191.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 115
  • _IGP9190.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 102
  • _IGP9196.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 110
  • _IGP9195.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 124
It seems to me that scatch built stuff like this beeeuteiful seat kinda gets lost if a mold is not made of it. Or am I being selfish? I made winglets for my 48th Merlin's Magic, but made molds when they were done. Perhaps at some point in time someone else might like a copy. But then at the same time, IF you needed a back seat duplicate, easy peasy, you've got one! Food for thought. Great job mate. bill

Absolutely superb work marek! Thanks for posting Wojtek.
I don't think moulding something like these seats would reproduce the detail with enough finesse. The way the components are built-up individually is the only way to achieve such a degree of depth, with 'real' three-dimensional quality, which would be lost if moulded.

Isn't 'Stormbirds' elsewhere BB?
Ah, see what you mean now Bill, I thought you meant an overall moulding, or two. Could work if the components were built individually, as opposed to being built onto the main frame, for example. Not sure about tubes or 'wires' though, and it would need some careful planning and construction for the moulds.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the F-15. I'm taking the process nice and slow because I've got an American MD-80, and I found MD-80 windows and details decals on the Airline Hobby site, and i don't get paid till the first of next month. I've also successfully found Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-300 (old livery) decals, AND the exact paint I need for SWA.

Users who are viewing this thread