What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys...
Evan, I appreciate the offer, but don't trouble yourself, really. I'm just going to slap the one piece canopy on and get he ****er finished. Believe me, the interior's no great shakes anyway. You're familiar with the Ventura kits, right? (Actually the cockpit assembly was cannibalised from another kit as was pretty much everything apart from the fuselag, wings and radiators.)
Also working on a Blackburn Firebrand from Valom. First foray into the world of Czech limited run kits... interesting. That there resin is brittle, innit?

Yep, those ventura cockpits...got the PR.XIX just about sanded rght down to scale thickness ready for some modified Mk.21 PE Jon sent me...

Working on an ICM Heinkel He 51B-2 for Ivett aswell.

heh, I never posted my progress on the F-15. it looks a lot like this:

HPIM1655.jpg

jhdghj.jpg

except it now has sanded off putty. lol
I'm quite proud of myself on the cockpit. I had a few ref photos which helped me out a lot. Thanks God for Airliners.net!

Cheers!
I was wondering if the Extra Dark Sea Grey was looking a little bit too... Extra Dark. Using Humbrol shade 123, which is supposed to be their EDSG.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's way you should have added some white to the paint to make it lighter for 1/72 scale. Anyway, looking quite good.:)

slapped on some gray primer last night. gonna fix xome mistakes in a couple places, then apply the gunship gray.

AAUGH!! I screwed the pooch today boys. Now I'm no modeling expert but when it comes to the airbrush I'm very conservative. Many light passes to avoid blotching and dripping. Well today that went out the window and everything went horribly wrong.

charlie-brown-baseball-aaugh.jpg

After two years with my air brush I've been fortunate to have never had a run. Today after applying the first coat of Medium Sea Gray to my El-Cheap-O Airfix Mossie it looks like the New York City marathon. Runners everywhere. AAUGH!

I know exactly what I did wrong. It started with a nice sunny day close to 60. After i got the twins down I thought I would take the Mossie outside to be sprayed. But by the time I got the compressor outside, set everything up. Mixed the paint incorrectly (Polly Scale uses Distilled water not thinner AAUGH!!), cleaned up and remixed the paint the light was fading. To make things worse I primed the Mossie with Tamiya gray surface primer. So it was difficult to see what was primer and what was Medium Sea Gray. AAUGH!

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

Well I guess its back to the sanding phase for this puppy. :( Well till this mess is ready to be handled again its time to get back the to Typhoon for the Group Build. I have some great ideas planned for the one.

Till next time. Have a great weekend gents. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back