What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, tail corrected.

035.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Getting ready for camp so that's it for another week. However. the trailing edge of the port wing has been bugging me since I painted it so I lightened up the colors today.

109wing.jpg
001.JPG
002.JPG

a.jpg

I've read in another article that the replacement canopy had RLM 71 so why not.

EDIT: Still trying to figure out how fade the roundels. Pretty sure just adding white won't do it so if anyone has some thoughts it would be appreciated

Geo

Last edited:
In my opinion the roundels at wing tops could have been of the colours but alittle bit faded ... the B&W one for comparing its shades.

297431.png
297431d1437948036-whats-workbench-raf_type_b_roundel_1918-1929_1.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I'll try that when I get home Andy. What I'm looking at in the picture below is how much the fuselage roundels stand out compared to the wings. It's like the wing roundels have almost been scrubbed off, leaving very little color. I'll get to rest of the model painted and then start experimenti

Geo

Attachments

• 296702d1436829261-whats-workbench-ae749_3.jpg
    296702d1436829261-whats-workbench-ae749_3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Geo, if the pic has already been posted you could just copy its URL address and paste it between the "img" tags.

OK. Glad I helped.

Here you are two shots of her showing how much the wing roundels were faded before sending to the America and in the USA. The third image presents the starboard wing of a Spitfire Mk.Vb on aircraft carrier. The RAF roundel there is almost unseen.

bf109e-3-AE479-white-1-jg76_2.jpg

bf109e-3-nr1304-white-1-jg76_3.jpg

spitfire Mk Vb on carrier deck.jpg

Geo.. here you are my recent find via the net. I have enlarged the pic and used the Gamma correction to make it a little bit darker, The camo layout at wing tops can be seen better now.... also the RAF roundels.

Captured Bf109E_8.jpg

Captured Bf109E_8a.jpg

Captured Bf109E_8b.jpg

Last edited:
A large can of worms has been opened my friend. Port trailing edge now has more shades,. The leading edge slats seem to have a fresher color and though I new about the outlines, what colors; fresh Dk. Green? Very interesting and thanks for posting.

Geo

I don't think it has been opened Pal. The difference of the colour shades of the leading and trailing edges is because of the light coming from the left side ( port wing ).

I haven't decided what I'll enter in the current Group Build until I get some decals I ordered so wile I waited I thought I'd do something quick. Hasegawa 1/72 scale jeep. Little tiny bugger. Should look good sitting on the display shelf next to my 1/72 bombers. Spent about an hour and a half on it so far, most of that time cleaning up parts. I'm going to see if I have something to replace the steering wheel with as it looks too small.

Attachments

• P9191490.JPG
    P9191490.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 65
  • P9191493.JPG
    P9191493.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back