What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well my "egg plane" Ta-183 is 95% and I like to let the Future coat cure for a bit so... Thought I'd re-visit my old Hs-129 tank killer. This was my GB 23 entry (GOOD GRIEF has it been that long!!) Time flies when your doing...Jeez, I have no idea. Any who...Dusted the little bugger off and started to get it together. I love that big 75mm Pak 40 cannon. I also included the 20mm cannons and the 13mm machine guns mounted in the nose. It occurs to me that, WHY do we call it BUILDING a model. 80% of what I'm doing is detail painting
IMG_2028R.jpg
IMG_2029R.jpg

Geo, the 183 was a flying tank. I still have the 7.5cm PaK 40 belly cannon to mount. It was the biggest and most powerful forward-firing weapon ever fitted to a military aircraft until 1971 . Plus two 13.5mm MG 131 plus the two 20mm MG 151/20 autocannons and two 50kg bombs. The cockpit was a steel bathtub with angled sides. The cockpit was so narrow some instruments were mounted on the engine nacelles and the canopy windows were blocks of glass.
Another late war what if, only 25 were ever completed

Good stuff Kevin.
I used to have cabinets too, but ran out of rooms for more of them. I now live in cabinets adapted to accept the odd piece of furniture ........

Very nicely done. I have 3 cabinets like that and am starting to wonder where #4 can possibly go
I have got one big cabinet Mike 92'L X 48"H x 22'D with a mix mash of scales right want make it mainly big 1/48 and 1/32 the new cabinet will be single engine 1/48 mainly.

Good stuff Kevin.
I used to have cabinets too, but ran out of rooms for more of them. I now live in cabinets adapted to accept the odd piece of furniture ........

I think I am heading that way Terry

I like that Fiat Kevin. A rarely seen build
iI have two other PCM's Geo both Italian but the G55 was the epitome to me of their fighters and I started painting the black on the side panels and the tanks last night.I am stoked for this crate and the colors will be like the box top even if I have blue the RLM 76 a tad more call it criminal but I luv that print as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back