What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Doing bits and bobs on the Bv 222.

All floors and dividing walls have been removed from the sprues, and all have sink marks on one side of them.
Started removing them with a thin scraping blade and a fibreglass pencil.
(Example below: Left - as supplied. Right - removed)
20240527_232055.jpg

Some deeper ones will either be filled, or just covered over with thin plastic sheet.

Wayne - do you see anything at all through the windows when she's buttoned up?

Did some lower aircraft finishing touches and will give it a coat tomorrow. Started the A2N2 and four to follow.
20240527 Finishing touches.jpg

20240527 Nakajima A2N2 priming.jpg

Considering it wasn't a difficult build, the Tamiya 1/50 builds into a fair kit. This is for the student giveaway as well. June is almost here.

Last edited:
Doing bits and bobs on the Bv 222.

All floors and dividing walls have been removed from the sprues, and all have sink marks on one side of them.
Started removing them with a thin scraping blade and a fibreglass pencil.
(Example below: Left - as supplied. Right - removed)
View attachment 780675
Some deeper ones will either be filled, or just covered over with thin plastic sheet.

Wayne - do you see anything at all through the windows when she's buttoned up?
What is a fiberglass pencil?

It is a mechanical pencil like object that when you press the button it releases strands of fiber so you can gently (depending on how hard you press) removes paint to help with chipping.

Fiberglass Scratch Brush Pen - 3 Pack - Jewelry, Watch, Coin Cleaning, Electronic Applications, Removing Rust and Corrosion
https://a.co/d/4XaJpn9

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheers for the explanation Don, and yeah, they are brilliant guys! I read about them a few years back and have used them ever since - they make it a WHOLE lot easier sanding in tight spaces, like the bulkhead gaps I posted.

The only downside is they do release tiny fibreglass particles as the shafts break when using. You won't see them, but not good if breathed in. For this reason they recommend carefully scraping in one direction, though I do 'sweep' them from side to side myself sometimes.
20240528_062710.jpg

20240528_063232.jpg

Great info re those pencils Evan, I'd totally forgotten about them.
From memory, they were originally designed for clean-up and renovation of PCBs and other electronics, and I remember using one to clean contacts etc on AV equipment, 40 odd years ago.
I'll have to get myself one - if I can find my coat ..................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back