What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More injection mark removal. These were deeper so required filler.
2 more bulkheads to go...
View attachment 781258
That looks good Evan. When I have deep holes like that I sometimes cut a small disc from thin card and plug the hole and then bring it down to the level of the surrounding plastic. Works a treat most times. :lol::lol:

Hello my fellow modelers.

I'm about to begin this project which is an old Monogram 1/48th Heinkel 111 of KG 55. The idea is to built it before the nationals scheduled for August 2024. The crew will be 3d printed.

View attachment 781328

Greetings from Monterrey

Gerry
Nice one Gerry, look forward to you working the magic on this. :thumbright: :lol:

Cheers Vic. Read of that idea, but haven't tried it yet... probably easier than filling I imagine (?)
Just filled about 30 big holes in the fuselage halves. 'Probably' won't be visible anyway once buttoned up, but taking no chances.

Put another coat on each of the class giveaways. No rigging and no frills. Put decals on and applied another coat. Now boxed up and ready to take to school. This was good practice for my future build of my Hasagawa F1M2

20240602_003707_HDR.jpg

20240602_003816_HDR.jpg

I didn't do anything special since many of my kids have younger siblings, so they could end up destroyed, much as I did to my brother's model kits when I was a wee lad.

Put another coat on each of the class giveaways. No rigging and no frills. Put decals on and applied another coat. Now boxed up and ready to take to school. This was good practice for my future build of my Hasagawa F1M2

View attachment 781477

View attachment 781478

I didn't do anything special since many of my kids have younger siblings, so they could end up destroyed, much as I did to my brother's model kits when I was a wee lad.
are those 1/48 scale, i have the Tamiya 1/48 in my stash, like yours it wont have rigging :lol:

The price tag is also quite different with the Hasegawa kit running an average of $30 or more while you can get the Tamiya for under or a little over $20. I have been lucky when I have purchased my Hasegawa F1M2 kits, paying over $30 only two times for the six I have in the stash. The Tamiya decals went on decently enough despite being older than my MIL. One of the large hinomarus split on the Kiyokawa Maru F1M2, which I repaired and left on there. On the IJN Haruna F1M2, one of the bottom hinomarus had a slight rip, but I did a quick fix on that as well. I did have to break into my decals stash to put Aeromaster Hinomarus on the IJN Haruna version. Despite their age, they went on well and look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back