What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

heh, well I just chose a nice shade of metallic blue (I love blue, plus, I have no more black at all)

now answer quickly, guys. I should use warm water and dish soap, right? plus my hands? no sponges or anything like that?

You washing the kit Trebor? I just swish the sprues around in hot soapy water and let them dry.

Here's some update pics on my corsair.

Wings and flaps glued on, the wing joints look worse in the flash photography than in normal light, I might try and do something with them though. Painted some of the lights on the wings and did a panel-line wash on the undersides.

corsairfixed.jpg

corsairfixed1.jpg

corsairfixed2.jpg

corsairfixed3.jpg

Undercarraige bomb next!

Do you want to wash up your model before painting, Rob? If yes it doesn't matter whether you use a sponge or a tampon etc...Do it carefully.Thats all.

Personally I use something like these in the pic below.

Attachments

• 6641.jpg
    6641.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 29
The Corsair looks really like very tired old boy, Muller:lol:

Beautiful, Muller!

I guess using dish soap wouldn\'t hurt? it cuts grease like there's no tomorrow.

ok, i just washed the car, it's sitting, drying, now. think I'll wash the hurricane next.

EDIT: ok, I just washed the hurricane. both are drying, now.

LOL I'm a patient guy, y'all XD besides it's getting dark, and I don't think I'll be airbrishing, today. plus I'm afraid I won't have enough in my can of air to fully paint the Golf.

Good luck with the Golf, Robert. BTW, my Jeep could do with a wash....!
That Corsair is looking great M, like the weathering and scuffed paint etc.

ok, I just randomly got a Chevy Camaro concept car in the clearance section of Michael's. XD it's a snaptite kit or some crap, but the good thing is the body is uncolored. so i can choose whatver color I want! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back