What's on The Workbench (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Golf is looking good Rob, that blue is a great colour. My 1st car was a
Mk1 Golf (not a GTi though!) :)

Corsair is still on the worbench, but it's pretty much finished. Got a bit done on it in the last couple of days, I discovered something, if I stay off this forum, I get a lot more modelling done! :lol:

Pics for now. She's pretty battered! Will take some more in daylight tomorrow.

SL381610.jpg

SL381612.jpg

SL381613.jpg

SL381617.jpg

Both would be correct for a -1D actually. Early -1Ds had the braced canopy, but quite early in production the canopy was switched to the newer, non-braced.

That is a -1A A4K, for a few reasons (sorry if you already know this!).

1. The paint scheme. All -1Ds (save for prototypes perhaps) had an overall DSB or Midnight Blue (depending on the source really, they're pretty much the same), whereas -1As were painted in the tri-colour scheme, except for a few at the end of -1A production. I've only seen British -1A equivalents painted in overall DSB.

2. It is lacking the 8 rocket mounts on the wings (4 per). I don't think all Brit Corsairs had these though, as I was hard pressed to find any pictures with them.

3. The drop tank/bomb mount is the Brewster rack, and while -1Ds did still have them sometimes, they additionally had two pylons, one on each side inboard of the wheel, but outboard of center.

4. The last major one is the little window in the bottom. Those were deleted in -1Ds as all kinds of crap collected there and blocked it out anyway, so it was deemed needless.

Thanks Catch! I didn't know most of those points actually, although the RNZAF F4U-1Ds seem an exception to the rule regarding the underwing rocket rails - to my knowledge only our FG-1D Corsairs carried them (- ?)

Much appreciated mate!

No worries!

Yeah, it seems the Commonwealth countries didn't get the rocket rails on, or if they did it wasn't common. When I was doing research for my FAA -1D, I couldn't see a single picture of a Pacific Fleet F4U with rocket rails on the wing.

As requested by Trebor. I might try and do this build again with my new found modelling skills. I don't think the colours are accurate on this either! :lol:

SL380356.jpg

My Photos in Curtiss P-40 Tomahawk Warhawk Kittyhawk | Facebook

note the smear marks behind the cockpit on left side, old markings? dirt?

Any one with better photos of the right side or wings please post um.

I love the model, I think biggest problem with the Flying Tigers is getting good enough pics of the camo pattern for individual planes, its almost impossible to tell green form brown in some of the old colour pics. I only have the left side, and the nose area is not clear.

well..finally i am back on the modellbench..warming up to do the Ju 88 1:32 so i started with a F-84 F-40 from my attic.. quite a few to choose from up there..hehe

going to try something new..start wiering on missing cables and things like that..testbed for the 88..hehe

and its only partely painted..need to buy more paint :lol: and the paint on the canopypart is not dry yet.. :)

Attachments

• F-86 F model 001.jpg
    F-86 F model 001.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 30
  • F-86 F model 002.jpg
    F-86 F model 002.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 33
Looking good Guttorm. Is it 1/48th or 1/32nd scale? It looks quite big in relation to its surroundings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back