What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

this is the project im doing now , hopefully it shouldnt take me to long, can anyone remember which shuttle it was that blew up a few years ago? i might do it as that one. cheers

Attachments

• nasa (Large).jpg
    nasa (Large).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 123
this is the project im doing now , hopefully it shouldnt take me to long, can anyone remember which shuttle it was that blew up a few years ago? i might do it as that one. cheers

Hainus....sadly it was the Challenger, disintegrated 73 seconds after launch, 28th January 1986, with no survivors...:salute:

howdy, i got around to painting the fuel tank today and was wondering if ya reckon i got the colour of it right? Ive seen that many different photos and picys and they all look bloody different. The instructions say to paint it matt wood brown but i reckon there is more orange in it then brown, then to top it off my mate sent me a picture of one and it looked to be an off white colour, i wish nasa would make their mind up and paint them one colour. lol. cheers hadyn

Attachments

• SHUTTLE 011 (Large).jpg
    SHUTTLE 011 (Large).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 113
Just had a quick look on the net and found these.....it would appear to be a dark orange colour with orange band....

Attachments

• discovery_Dec 2006.jpg
    discovery_Dec 2006.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Space_Shuttle_fueltank_freefall.jpg
    Space_Shuttle_fueltank_freefall.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 104
just a quickie to add 4 more to my list

Airfix
Boulton Paul Defiant
Westland Gazelle

Revell
Fairey Swordfish Mk I/III
Supermarine Walrus Mk.I

I'd say that the band looks the right colour Hainus, But I'd add some more brown to the mix and repaint the rest. Different lighting would also make it appear to be a differnt colour as well. Spotlights vs sun light etc.

Good luck.

Correct! the idea was to show the differing effects of colour in the 2 shots, yet the orange band appears not to have been affected to the same degree!

Thanks for the pictures wayne, i ended up masking it up today and painted the rest of it , i looks alot better and i will put a picy up tommorrow, the lighting wasnt good at the time so i didnt take any shots. cheers hadyn

Nice. Assume you will remove the gloss (sheen)?

Are you going to do the Shuttle with reentry wear or new out of the Rockwell hanger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back