What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maybe it's the lighting, I dunno. but here's what I'm planning on using for the Hurricane's top colors. don't let the image fool ya, the light earth looks darker IRL

Got my 1st major modelling injury yesterday! Sliced my finger open with a scissors, it served me right, i was too lazy to look for my snips. Went to the doc and got 3 stitches. Be careful fellas!

Hasn't stopped me modelling mate! Got the pilot painted.

Converting the japs into US ground crew right now. But I got my two Fujimi 190's today, so I might start working on one of them for the GB.

Ouch! Good job it wasn't a scalpel mate, you'd have ended up Mull in ER instead of of Muller!
Pilot looks great M, hope you didn't get any blood on him though!

Cheers fellas My pilot looks like he's been eating all Maglars P-38 pilots rations eh? Quick question about the ground crew, what colour overalls would they be wearing, khaki-ish like the pilot or green-ish or maybe blue?

Terry, my finger didn't bleed at the start, that kinda worried me! I could see the 'meat' inside Went to Boots to get some paper stitches but the pharmacist told me to go to the Doc, she reckoned it was deep enough to have done tendon damage, it's ok though, not really painful at all.

I think the groundcrew would be in faded khaki, almost a biege colour, but dirty! Possibly the same, but olive. Not sure on Navy ground crew then, but I think again it would be the faded khaki,or faded grey. From what I've seen in photos of the time, the dress regulations seemed rather lax, probably due to temp/humidity, and all manner of kit was worn. I'm just waiting for a DVD to be returned, which might have some pics that might help; I'll post shots if there are.

Cheers 109

Thanks for the input Terry, I'll probably go with different shades of khaki like the Aussies wore in those pics posted by Wildcat in my palmtree thread.

Got one of the ground crew figures painted. I modified both japanese figures with milliput hair and arms moved. I'm painting them individually so they won't be the exact same colours.

Will take better pics outside when the 2nd crew figure is painted.

Nice work M! It looks as though the figures are actually doing something, rather than just being part of a base. Should look great when you get it finished.

Users who are viewing this thread