What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well.....you have some serious work ahead of you Charles.:D

I think Dear Friend you will cope with it easily.

Here some pics of my stash places.To be honest there is visible the first layer of model boxes only in each pics.:There is the second and sometimes third one behind the first one.:lol:

Attachments

• stash1.jpg
    stash1.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 108
  • stash1_.JPG
    stash1_.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 106
  • stash2.JPG
    stash2.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 102
  • stash3.JPG
    stash3.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 99
you will enjoy that Fokker Dr.1 I have just finished it myself as Lothar Von Ricthofen's and have got it stting next to his brothers Albtros D.III

LvRFokkerDr1.jpg

LvRFokkerDr11.jpg

sorry for that WW1 hijack, restoring 1940's service now :oops: :lol:

Great models guys!

Charles, I have built the 1/32 version of that MiG, and I don't know how similar the 1/48 and 1/32 versions are, but it was not a bad kit at all! The only issues I had were with the photoetch flap hinges. Make sure you have some crazy glue lying around, normal model glue won't smake those stick.

@ ccheese that Spitfire you have brought is one I have being eyeing for a while but I don't work in 1/48 so I shall be intreasted to hear what you make of it, because I might just be persuaded lol

@Wildcat what is that plane in your sig I have been trying to work it out for ages looks like a cross between a hellcat and something else lol

The Spitty is a Rebox from Hasegawa.....

.....and Wildcats sig is a Vultee Vengeance, think I spelled that right?
he most certainly will have some info on it if i'm not mistaken!:D

Courtesy:
RAAF Museum: RAAF Aircraft Series 2 A27 Vultee Vengeance

"The Vultee V72 dive-bomber was produced at a time when the German Air Force was having marked success with the Junkers Ju-87, or Stuka, dive-bomber. The American aircraft was first flown in July 1941, and large quantities were immediately ordered, as the Vengeance, for the RAF. When the US entered the war, a number of these aircraft were re-possessed and, in addition, Australia placed an order for 400. Export versions included Vengeance Mks I, II, and III (USAAF equivalent A-3l) and Mk IV (USAAF equivalent A-35).

In all, 342 Vengeance Mks I, II and IV operated with the RAAF under the following serials: A27-1 to A27-99, A27-200 to A27-321, A27-400 to A27-422, A27-500 to A27-549, A27-560 to A27-566 and A27-600 to A27-640. Although the first Vengeance A27-1 was received on 30 May 1942, substantial numbers did not arrive until April 1943, by which time the crisis for which they had been ordered, had passed.

RAAF Vengeances operated with Nos 12, 21, 23, 24 and 25 Squadrons and, after a somewhat indifferent career, the aircraft were withdrawn from operations following a bombing raid by 36 Vengeances on 8 March 1944 against Rempi village. At the time, 58 Vengeances were still to be delivered and, consequently, this balance from the original order was cancelled. Vengeances also operated with Nos 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 Communication Units, while others were used in the target-towing role and for experiments at No 1 Air Performance Unit.

Vengeance flying ceased in 1946, and all aircraft were disposed of by 1951.

TECHNICAL DATA: Vultee Vengeance Mk IV (A-35B)
DESCRIPTION:
Two-seat dive-bomber. All metal stressed-skin construction.

POWER PLANT:
One 1,700 hp Wright Double Row Cyclone radial.

DIMENSIONS:
Span 14.63 (48 ft); length 12.11 m (40 ft); height 4.63 (15 ft 4 in).

WEIGHTS:
Empty 4672 kg (10,300 lb); loaded 7439 kg (16,400 lb).

PERFORMANCE:
Max speed 449 km/h (242 kt); Cruising speed 370 km/h (200kt); Service ceiling 22,300 ft (6796 m); Range 965 km (521 nm).

ARMAMENT:
Four 0.303 or 0.50 machine guns in wing, and twin 0.303 or 0.50 machine guns in rear cockpit; Bomb load 907 kg (2,000 lb)."

Charles, I have built the 1/32 version of that MiG, and I don't know how similar the 1/48 and 1/32 versions are, but it was not a bad kit at all! The only issues I had were with the photoetch flap hinges. Make sure you have some crazy glue lying around, normal model glue won't smake those stick.

Catch: Keep in mind I have never built a plastic scale model airplane. I'm sitting down, almost nightly, reading and re-reading the instructions. Trying to learn what all the symbols are [like the flags for the paint colors]. The "clock" had me going for awhile !! My wife keeps wondering why I'm spending so much time in the model shop, but havn't accomplished anything. Pretty soon I'll start on the instrument panel. [I think that's step one]. Gotta do this first one right, too many people watchin' !!

Charles

I hope I'll be living enough long to assemble them all.:lol: If not my girls will sell them and they will have for my coffin.:lol:

In fact it is for my retiring time.:D

Catch: Keep in mind I have never built a plastic scale model airplane. I'm sitting down, almost nightly, reading and re-reading the instructions. Trying to learn what all the symbols are [like the flags for the paint colors]. The "clock" had me going for awhile !! My wife keeps wondering why I'm spending so much time in the model shop, but havn't accomplished anything. Pretty soon I'll start on the instrument panel. [I think that's step one]. Gotta do this first one right, too many people watchin' !!

Charles

Don't make it any harder that it needs to be. You'll do alright, just take your time and have fun. Once you get started it will come right along.

Have fun but don't try to make it perfect. It's just a model.

(I tell that to myself all the time....)

:lol:

tom

Hey Wurger, how did you sneak in a take a pic of my model collection?!! :) I notice SEVERAL there that I have including some SMER and ICM.

My wife keeps wondering why I'm spending so much time in the model shop, but havn't accomplished anything.

Welcome to the world of plastic models!

Hey Wurger, how did you sneak in a take a pic of my model collection?!! :) I notice SEVERAL there that I have including some SMER and ICM.

Years of training. :lol: :lol:

Tried that it didn't quite work, mine has x-ray eyes I think? she seems to know when I'm up to no good...:(

Maybe, it's a matter of a kind of a wordrobe? :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back